Help me decide on F 350 please!!!

/ Help me decide on F 350 please!!! #31  
For oils I run Dello 400 or Delvac in my 2 6.0's Rotella is a good choice also.

Chris

/ Help me decide on F 350 please!!! #32  
I did the same as you before buying my 06 F-350. I found one with 30K. I was really looking for a F250 with an extended cab but found the F-350 instead. It drives great and has a mountain of power for my camper and flat bed. I have only had it about 6 months but like it so far.

Dan

Attachments

• Truck 001.jpg
    Truck 001.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Truck 002.jpg
    Truck 002.jpg
    653.9 KB · Views: 54
   / Help me decide on F 350 please!!! #33  
I run Amsoil in the 6.0 and axles and tranny and have had good luck thus far.

/ Help me decide on F 350 please!!! #34  
I did the same as you before buying my 06 F-350. I found one with 30K. I was really looking for a F250 with an extended cab but found the F-350 instead. It drives great and has a mountain of power for my camper and flat bed. I have only had it about 6 months but like it so far.

Dan

Be glad you got the F-350. I have both a 2004 F-250 and a 2006 F-350 and there is no comparison when you hook up a trailer. Both are PSD 4x4 extended cab short beds.

Chris

/ Help me decide on F 350 please!!! #35  
I watched these videos. They are pretty informative (and scarry) Where is this guy located? He seems to know his stuff. If you had a problem with a 6.0 L Ford (say something major like a head gasket or ERG) where would you take it? Would you trust the Ford dealer? My independent mechanic seems confident he could handle it, and I do trust him for routine issues, but this video suggests that any major repair requires some pretty specific experience. Anybody had any experience with diesel mechanics in upstate S.C.??
Buford, Georgia, he has a website www.powerstrokehelp.com .

/ Help me decide on F 350 please!!! #36  

Dan

That looks great. I wish mine had your low mileage. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for yours? This one I just bought was $18 K, and I expect you paid more for one with such low miles. Thanks for sharing the pictures! I don't see many F 350's around here.

/ Help me decide on F 350 please!!! #37  
Congrats and good luck with your purchase! I hope it lasts another 175K for you. Now you can do some serious haulin.....

Attachments

• sell 002.jpg
    sell 002.jpg
    914.9 KB · Views: 66
  • sell 292.jpg
    sell 292.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 60
  • sell 381.jpg
    sell 381.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 59
   / Help me decide on F 350 please!!! #38  
Congrats and good luck with your purchase! I hope it lasts another 175K for you. Now you can do some serious haulin.....

Nice looking rig!! What year is that? That camper set up looks great. I'll bet you have fun travelling in that. First Class!!!

/ Help me decide on F 350 please!!! #39  
   / Help me decide on F 350 please!!! #40  
I agree with all of your reply but one. From my research I've found no evidence that the ARP studs don't work. The guys running chips and studs are making huge HP and not blowing gaskets. The oem bolts are weak and the threads get stretched. But the problem is the cost of the repairs. By the way Raw have you owned the 6.0?

Matt:confused:

Matt, I built big hp diesel trucks for a few yrs,I dont personally own one,but several friends do,and I did some dyno testing on the early 03's when the first boxes arrived for them.We blew the head gaskets on a 1 month old 6.0 truck,"testing" 120hp tunes,lol. The studds do work,no doubt about that,even with them,longevity is reduced over a well designed head gasket setup,thats all i was getting at.Your never going to get 300K+ out of head gaskets like you will on a Cummins,7.3 PSD or a Duramax.I know cummins trucks with 700-900K on them,original head gaskets with conservatively turned up power.Several PSDs with 300-400K,original head gaskets,several duramaxes with 300+ K as well.With the price of the head gasket jobs on a 6.0 they should last a long ,long time,and they never will.