Help with sapling puller?

/ Help with sapling puller? #14  
A couple of years ago I bought one of the Brush Brutes that Woodbeef mentioned. It's fantastic!

/ Help with sapling puller?
Nat - Thanks to Scott, who told me about grubbers, I did a search on grubbers yesterday and came across your posts and pics. Yours looks great. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Tom

Woodbeef and EdK - When I Google Brush Brute, it shows a website for them, but the site doesn't work. Do you know what dealers I could check?

Thanks.
Tom

/ Help with sapling puller? #18  
Here is a thread I posted to a while back on the same topic. It contains their contact info as well as a picture.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45036

I purchased mine direct. They were easy enough to deal with but seem like a real small (family?) operation. I don't know what is happening with them as of late or their web site. I enjoy building things myself but decided I didn't have the time and equipment to tackle this one - had to get the work started ASAP. Note that the notches in the plate that form the teeth are not simply cut at 90* but that their is some sort of compound angle going on inside there. There must be a reason for it (effectiveness?) as it looks a lot harder to do than a straight cut.

I think this is much faster than a 3 point setup. I bought it for 1-2 inch saplings but have found it has no problem with 4" trees 30' tall with my tractor. On the larger end of the spectrum and depending upon the species you tend to get some soil on the stump. With the 1-2" saplings there is hardly any of that at all and you can really go to town: Drive forward slowly catching the saplings low to the ground, pull up on the loader arms a couple of feet, back up lowering the arms and wiping the saplings out of the comb and repeat. No stubble to puncture you tires!

Like you, I was not able to Google them but Google did have a cached page from 3/26/06 containing this info:

E-mail: sales@brushbrute.com
Info@brushbrute.com

D.D. Scissons Enterprises Ltd.
R.R. #3, Smith Falls, Ontario, Canada
K7A 4S4
Phone: (613) 283-2082
Fax: (613) 283-9580

Hope everything's OK and they're still in business...

Last edited:
zeuspaul said:
Maybe it would be easier without the tractor.
I'm going to pretend you didn't say that, partner. :D

Seriously, I looked at the Weed Wrench and it seems like an appropriate tool for the job, and fairly priced, as well. Thanks for suggesting it.

Tom

EdK, thanks for filling me in on the Brush Brute. It would definitely do what I need, but I can't quite justify spending over $1k on it. My sapling problem isn't that widespread.

It looks like a nice piece of equipment, though. I can see why you are enthused about it.

Tom