Help with sapling puller?

/ Help with sapling puller? #41  
kossetx said:
Neal and Guidster, I'm torn between building a fel mounted grubber or a 3pt mounted one, or both. Since you all are in tx I wonder if you could tell me how they do on my 4 worst invaders. Cedar, mequite, youpon and winged elm. Thanks, Mark

I have built both, Rear mount for large tractor & loader mount for small tractor. I use almost exclusively the loader mount with the small tractor.

Cedar is the only thing we have on your list. It works fine on that.

I didn't look to see what tractor you have & hate to say this, for fear of starting another war, but IMO this will be much more productive on a tractor with HST transmission.

/ Help with sapling puller? #42  
kossetx said:
Neal and Guidster, I'm torn between building a fel mounted grubber or a 3pt mounted one, or both. Since you all are in tx I wonder if you could tell me how they do on my 4 worst invaders. Cedar, mequite, youpon and winged elm. Thanks, Mark

Sorry for the late reply. I have pulled a few cedars, honey locust (bow dart) and mesquite tends to bust off before it comes up whole. However, from what I have seen, the damage is deep enough to kill it. Cool tool.

/ Help with sapling puller? #43  
ns_in_tex said:
I have built both, Rear mount for large tractor & loader mount for small tractor. I use almost exclusively the loader mount with the small tractor.

Cedar is the only thing we have on your list. It works fine on that.

I didn't look to see what tractor you have & hate to say this, for fear of starting another war, but IMO this will be much more productive on a tractor with HST transmission.

Neal,

I have good luck without the HST. 4WD, diff lock engaged and granny gear gets it done.