Hinomoto E324 clutch

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
oh crap....

the release bearing i have is WRONG... unless i was sent the wrong part, it's not the same as on the MF 1030. The part number is NACHI 45TMK-1 that came out of the tractor. I bought whatever is for the MF 1030

the pressure plate i have is WRONG... it doesn't match the one i took out. the center hole is different. I have no clue if the clearances are the same either.

the only thing i can tell that looks right is the clutch disc.

Dammmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnn

this is not where i want to be.

i wonder if the MF1030 pressure plate and release bearing combination works together or not? Arrrrrgghhhhh! terrible.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch #22  
The 324 is NOT a match to any MF. The 1030 is closest to the 2304, a much smaller tractor. You can match the bearings up at a bearing supply dealer and have the clutch and pressure plate rebuilt or have Len Shaeffer order you one from Japan. A 2604 is the biggest tractor that matches a MF.

Eugene

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
The 324 is NOT a match to any MF. The 1030 is closest to the 2304, a much smaller tractor. You can match the bearings up at a bearing supply dealer and have the clutch and pressure plate rebuilt or have Len Shaeffer order you one from Japan. A 2604 is the biggest tractor that matches a MF.

Eugene

I should have contacted him first, but now I'm in a situation where i have about $300 of parts, and probably identified the right one from a guy that has the same parts i need... so probably a swap of some sort will happen. Maybe I'll call Monday to see if he's willing to confirm what I've found. I'd hate to call him, give him prospect of selling me something knowing I already have something in mind. If he helped, I'd keep him in mind for future stuff.

i think this is actually what i need... i got bad information the E324 is the same clutch parts as the MF 1030 from someone recommended from this site. I think it's really the same as the MF1233. Free advice is free advice... it goofed me up, but it was free advice. I sensed something may have been wrong when i saw parts diagrams for the MF1030 and it appeared some of the driveshaft configuration and parts were very different.

1233 MASSEY FERGUSON COMPACT TRACTOR CLUTCH | eBay

this looks like the same clutch, and appears the same measurements.. they say 9" but i think it's really like 8.75.

I took measurements, and that is also a spitting image of what i have.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch #24  
It appears the loader will have to come off. to replace the clutch, the tractor has to literally be split (separated) at the bell housing. Engine half pulled forward, transmission half pulled back.

Was the clutch slipping prior to this happening ( did you notice you required that you needed to use lower and lower gears for it to pull itself for instance)? Does the pedal feel normal when you push down on it? I assume the tractor is in neutral (?), can you rock the tractor back and forth a little and get it to engage a gear? Or if it's in gear rock it and get it out of gear?

Just trying to get a better idea of what was going on leading up to the problem and if it may be something else.

TractorClutchesRUs - Tractor Clutches has served me well for clutches in the past and I believe they can reline your old one if they don't carry a replacement in stock. I'm sure they can supply a pilot and throw out bearing as well ( you may have to take the old ones out and measure them first though.).

I should have contacted him first, but now I'm in a situation where i have about $300 of parts, and probably identified the right one from a guy that has the same parts i need... so probably a swap of some sort will happen. Maybe I'll call Monday to see if he's willing to confirm what I've found. I'd hate to call him, give him prospect of selling me something knowing I already have something in mind. If he helped, I'd keep him in mind for future stuff.

i think this is actually what i need... i got bad information the E324 is the same clutch parts as the MF 1030 from someone recommended from this site. I think it's really the same as the MF1233. Free advice is free advice... it goofed me up, but it was free advice. I sensed something may have been wrong when i saw parts diagrams for the MF1030 and it appeared some of the driveshaft configuration and parts were very different.

1233 MASSEY FERGUSON COMPACT TRACTOR CLUTCH | eBay

this looks like the same clutch, and appears the same measurements.. they say 9" but i think it's really like 8.75.

I took measurements, and that is also a spitting image of what i have.

The ebay listing of the MF clutch is the same seller I posted about previously. Very nice gentleman and if you purchase a new clutch plate, he will give you $25 for your old one if you send it in. I think it is very likely he will have/or can get the correct pressure plate too.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
The ebay listing of the MF clutch is the same seller I posted about previously. Very nice gentleman and if you purchase a new clutch plate, he will give you $25 for your old one if you send it in. I think it is very likely he will have/or can get the correct pressure plate too.

i just talked with him on the phone about 5 minutes ago. we're working something out. I took a few better photos and contacting him shortly. Although i'm not going to lie to him and tell him i ordered it based on the picture and already told him so, the clutch on the MF 1030 auction is NOT for the 1030, it's for the 1233. It's the wrong photo. I recommended change it.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch #26  

Eugene

I think you're exactly right about the 1030/2304 cross....Bruce laten had told him that the 1030 clutch was the same as the 324's. Heck if I know but I sure wouldn't be suprised if the 1030 had an 8" and the 324 used a 9" and beefier bearings. I think you're right about there not being a close MF cross to the 324 but I will bet there are still enough similar parts and design used in MF 1035/1040/1045 to pay attention to them when trying to figure things out or looking for parts.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
I think you're exactly right about the 1030/2304 cross....Bruce laten had told him that the 1030 clutch was the same as the 324's. Heck if I know but I sure wouldn't be suprised if the 1030 had an 8" and the 324 used a 9" and beefier bearings. I think you're right about there not being a close MF cross to the 324 but I will bet there are still enough similar parts and design used in MF 1035/1040/1045 to pay attention to them when trying to figure things out or looking for parts.

He thought i said the E224, he replied today agreeing it was the MF1233. Measurements given to the clutch builder based on the old seem to confirm that.

The release bearing appears to be the same though. The Nachi part is discontinued but i received an A&L although slightly different appearance, critical dimensions appear identical to original.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
the one thing i don't take a picture of how it went in/out... The little spring shown goes on boths ides of the release sleeve. There is a little hole on the sleeve in the back of each. one end of the spring (not sure) goes in it, while the other goes to ??? i can't see anywhere obvious.

if i put it like this:

it doesn't say on the fork. It just slips off down... i don't see a hole for the sharp hooked end to go into. Am i missing it?

If i put it like this:

again, things don't make sense.

This is an up close... there is a little hole it does into on the part with the release bearing on it.

Last edited:
   / Hinomoto E324 clutch #29  
If you look at the AGCO parts book at the 1035 clutch housing and shaft diagram it looks most similar to your pics and shows the spring ( 2 actually). The 1030 diagram shows 1 but the spring looks most similar to your your spring from the pics you posted. I assume the direction the springs are shown in the diagrams indicates how they sit/ their orientation. Try looking at the diagrams and see if it gives you a clue as to how it fastens.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
If you look at the AGCO parts book at the 1035 clutch housing and shaft diagram it looks most similar to your pics and shows the spring ( 2 actually). The 1030 diagram shows 1 but the spring looks most similar to your your spring from the pics you posted. I assume the direction the springs are shown in the diagrams indicates how they sit/ their orientation. Try looking at the diagrams and see if it gives you a clue as to how it fastens.

ironically this was open in the background as you posted... this is for the 1233 though.. i'll check the 1030. Following the 1030 has got me into trouble already once.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us