Hinomoto E324 clutch

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
If you look at the AGCO parts book at the 1035 clutch housing and shaft diagram it looks most similar to your pics and shows the spring ( 2 actually). The 1030 diagram shows 1 but the spring looks most similar to your your spring from the pics you posted. I assume the direction the springs are shown in the diagrams indicates how they sit/ their orientation. Try looking at the diagrams and see if it gives you a clue as to how it fastens.

MF1030

close... but doesn't show really the orientation on how it hooks up on the fork side. I don't see any holes on the fork like the parts book implies. There looks to be a few other parts i don't have too.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch #32  
As Hinomotoman has pointed out the 1030 is a much smaller tractor BUT that doesn't mean that it can't use some of the same parts or similar designs in different areas. I just thought that the clutch plate would be an odd match simply because of the HP and size difference between the two tractors. Be sure to look at both the 1030 and 1035 diagrams and see if either look like the 324's spring set up. If not, start looking at other MF compact models and see if you can find another match that may help.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
As Hinomotoman has pointed out the 1030 is a much smaller tractor BUT that doesn't mean that it can't use some of the same parts or similar designs in different areas. I just thought that the clutch plate would be an odd match simply because of the HP and size difference between the two tractors. Be sure to look at both the 1030 and 1035 diagrams and see if either look like the 324's spring set up. If not, start looking at other MF compact models and see if you can find another match that may help.

It kind of looks like the 1045 but the artists rendition of the return springs is questionable:

the fork has little holes in it.... i'm pretty sure i didn't

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch #34  
]

the fork has little holes in it.... i'm pretty sure i didn't

I went back and looked at your pics in "full image" then increased the page size by 400% and it sure looks like there is a small hole in the side of the fork in the second pic. Maybe I'm seeing a piece of crud or something or just being overly hopeful but check it closer because I think there might be.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
I went back and looked at your pics in "full image" then increased the page size by 400% and it sure looks like there is a small hole in the side of the fork in the second pic. Maybe I'm seeing a piece of crud or something or just being overly hopeful but check it closer because I think there might be.

I left it alone for the night (sleep on it and return later) but i'm pretty sure there isn't a hole on the side of the fork like the MF1233 drawing. The MF1233 drawing shows the holes for the spring on the slide part kind of tangent to the slide vs. perpendicular like mine.

The fork... i didn't see anything on both sides but i'll take a small detailing pick to scrape around. I could have swore there was quite a bit of spring tension to keep the slide resting against the fork too.

not where i want to be right now with this.. :confused:

https://picasaweb.google.com/ken.mayle/HinomotoE324#5610832417235064738

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
deleted due to messed up refresh...

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
okay, i finally found the location of the holes on the back of the fork using what equates to a dentist hook:

P5260262.JPG

P5260263.JPG

If i push back the release bearing back, the springs simply fall out. Is this normal by design or did i possibly bend the springs when removing them or ???

should under normal conditions the guide tabs rest on the shift fork, or is the point to have a slight gap and then the clutch slowly engages... maybe this is an adjustment discussed way earlier when i was first diagnosing this?

here is a video i made talking about the above:

YouTube - ‪Hinomoto Clutch Fork Springs Is this right?‬‏

and the original photos:

(see the latest ones)

https://picasaweb.google.com/ken.mayle/HinomotoE324#

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch #38  
Maybe Hinomotoman or one of the grey market gurus will know and respond but if no one can answer this soon you may try asking in the Massey forum. There's no doubt that This is a design that was used on their tractors so someone there has to know.....may get someone with an attitude about the Hinomoto/MF thing but I'm certain there will be someone willing to help.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch #39  
That looks like the setup on my deutz allis 5220 HST and the same as the MF1020. I saw dad pop the spring off and it was on there tight, I don't remember it being in that position thou.

/ Hinomoto E324 clutch
That looks like the setup on my deutz allis 5220 HST and the same as the MF1020. I saw dad pop the spring off and it was on there tight, I don't remember it being in that position thou.

one could describe it's in there tight other than in the "Push" back direction. it follows the clutch fork in and out and doesn't twist. I'm just thinking that maybe when all the clearances are factored in in normal operation the bearing only has so much movement and won't ever physically be pushed backwards. I really have no idea with the parts i took off it would work any other way? :confused: