/ Horrific ATV accident #1  

MHarryE

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7-171, M5-111, SVL75-2, RTV900XT & GR2120; CaseIH 1680 combine

MN CRIME - Police/Fire/EMS ·
Follow​

·

St. Louis County authorities report a 6-year-old girl was seriously injured when she fell off an ATV and was run over by a brush mower this afternoon. The girl was a passenger riding behind an adult operator of the ATV, who was mowing trails on the 2200 block of North Burtness Road in Field Township, west of Cook.
As they were mowing, the 6-year-old fell off of the ATV and was run over by the brush mower, the sheriff's office said. The girl was transported by ambulance to the Cook hospital and then taken by North Memorial Air Care to Regions Hospital in Saint Paul with serious injuries. The flight crew reported the girl suffered a partial amputation of her foot, as well as numerous lacerations. She was said to be alert before being sedated.

We live only 3 miles from where this accident happened. Her mother was the one driving the ATV with her daughter riding and had to lift the mower off the girl to begin treatment. Latest update is that in addition to the amputated foot, she suffered a broken left humerus and deep lacerations to her left shoulder. We are in shock around here regarding this accident.

/ Horrific ATV accident #2  
Prayers for the little girl and her family.
My best friend was the victim of a similar accident when he was a boy. He fell while riding on the tractor fender while his Dad was discing a field. A disc ran over his face. And he was disfigured for life. I can only imagine how bad the Mother feels.
Years ago we knew a woman who's toddler got in the pool unsupervised and drowned. She was devastated to say the least. The marriage broke up - It was a really sad situation.
Hopefully this little girl recovers.

/ Horrific ATV accident #3  
I offer prayer for family,friends , responders and the girl's full recovery. I hope mom has good support through this.

/ Horrific ATV accident #5  
It's a matter of anticipating events. I hurt a girl I let ride on a pallet of hay on my FEL. I thought I was thorough, I was driving backwards in case she fell off, she wouldn't be run over. Unfortunately, she did fall off and broke her arm hitting the ground..

/ Horrific ATV accident #6  
Hard prayers foe the little girl and family.

/ Horrific ATV accident #7  
   / Horrific ATV accident #9  
Prayers for the poor little girl and the idiot mother. I wish people didn't have to go through trauma to learn simple safety lessons. What a horrific experience for all involved.

/ Horrific ATV accident #10  
Neighbors little fella always wanted to ride with me when I cut my grass and I always said no. I was considered the local scrooge meanie.
I'm so happy not to have to live through something like this.
Little guy, now 6' 4"+ probably owes me a Thank You.