Horsepower/Acre

/ Horsepower/Acre #31  
Have 27 hp for 11 acres or 2.45 hp/acre, ok a little high but anything smaller and I would have had to go to 4ft implements instead of 5ft and time means something too!
PS Bird - you want some rain??? In Syracuse NY we've had rain every day for about the last 10 days, FINALLY got to cut my finish grass yesterday and finalize putting in posts for the horse pasture. Think of an economical way to ship and I'll send you all the water you want!!

/ Horsepower/Acre #32  
Another fine Ford cocktail napkin design. The Ford engineers think up those great ideas at happy hour in the bar and it sure looks good at that time so they save the napkin and bring it to work with them the next day for another well thought out nightmare./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Horsepower/Acre #33  
Rick something tells me that you might be the hands down winner without even adding in the honda---thats just my opinion time will tell.
Have fun with the new tractor.
Gordon

/ Horsepower/Acre #34  
Aaah, Gerard, don't we wish some of that rain was down here. We had clouds this morning, and at one point, the radar showed it was raining almost on my place, but alas, the only moisture that fell on my garden today was the perspiration dripping off me./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ Horsepower/Acre #35  
Bird, so far today we have had .01 inches and 1/2 in hailstones about 6 ft apart. Actually it is now up to .06 inches. Guess if it will do this about 20 more times, we will be able to see it. Start working on a way to ship some of that New York rain down here. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Horsepower/Acre #36  
Wen, that front hit here about 7:30 p.m., lots of thunder, strong wind for about 10 minutes, power flickered on and off a half dozen times, and now it's settled down to a nice steady rain./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The radar makes is look like it might last awhile, too. The garden sure needed it. I thought the grasshoppers might run out of something to eat if it didn't get watered./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ Horsepower/Acre #37  
Jim, my ratio figures out to .24 (29hp/120 acres). I would have liked to have gone with a bigger (more HP) tractor but since 119 of my acres is a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house I did'nt want anything heavier than my TC 29 to trailer around. I realize I could have bought the TC33, which weighs the same, but it was more money (oh yeah, that was a limiting factor as well)and it was not offered with a live PTO with the 9x3 trans. like my TC 29 was.

/ Horsepower/Acre #38  
>>which gives a hp/acre number of 30/0.64 = 46.875 hp/acre

Rick...just one question, will you actually be able to turn the tractor completely around without crossing the property line??, if so, then it is not too big <g>

/ Horsepower/Acre
Rick,

At .64 acres, are you in a residential neighborhood or a subdivision? If so, will neighbors complain about the extra noise when you fire up this baby? Will you be able to keep it there?

Down the road a couple miles from me there is a little, cul-da-sac subdivision, with written rules of what one can and cannot do. One of the new owners decided to put up a pole barn without permission, which was also against the rules. Well he got the posts up, the horizontal stringers, the trusses, and bam got an injuction or whatever to cease and desist. A couple of weeks later he had to take it down, remove the fill sand and now he's growing grass there. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

If you don't have rules but have close neighbors, you might want to check with them before delivery. Friendly neighbors can become angry when you do something they don't like!

Good Luck, JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Horsepower/Acre #40  
Re: Horsepower/Acre..Noise Pollution Laws Jim.

The city of Lebanon,NH as of January,2000 has adopt what they call noise pollution laws.
Monday thru Friday from 7:30am until 9pm one can bang trash around or use yard or heavy equipment.
Saturday from 7:30am to 8pm activity the same.
Sunday from 9am to 6pm activity the same.

I live 13 miles from the center of the city and half way up on a mountain side,and for me really bother someone I would have to use tnt.

Ahh yes permits.
Lebanon,NH has different sets of permits.
Permit for $100.oo up to $5.000.oo than another permit plus and impact fee,does indeed make one wonder.

So just because one pays there taxes doesn't mean they can do what they want with there land ??

Rick, just take your time and smile.

Thomas..NH