House Build 2023

/ House Build 2023
Truck is still at the shop. Improvisation!

20240129_101556.jpg

/ House Build 2023
2 Weeks in and we are loving it! So far there is nothing we feel like we really messed up on, or big things wished we would have done differently. But, I did have the bottom of a box fall out while I was carrying it and 2 bottles of nail polish exploded all over the floor and wall... I was that kind of mad where you just get totally silent... The girls noticed and took over for me cleaning, and re-painted the walls. It was fixed within an hour.

Everything is out of boxes and organized how we think is best for now. We have a bunch of crap, way more than I thought.

A few observations of note: The big shower is for sure the highlight of the day. I am surprised how dry the air is in the house compared to the mobile home and previous house. We have an alarm clock in our room that also displays relative humidity, it stays around 35%. The trailer was closer to 60% most of the time. I really like having a garage to park in again. My poor car is sun faded and clear coat coming off of it, but it sure is nice going out to no frost and not having to worry about walking through the weather. Vented gas fireplace puts out so much heat it's almost uncomfortable standing in front of it. Even with our huge great room with super high ceilings, it heats up the space noticeably within an hour or so, and just keeps getting hotter.

/ House Build 2023 #334  
A big walk-in shower is a game changer for sure. You'll hate having to use a cramped shower stall or tub shower in the future now that you experienced a roomy one.

/ House Build 2023 #335  
Hope the dry air doesn't cause any issues. With my wife and I, we get itchy skin from dry air, so this time of the year, we run a humidifier to add moisture to the air. I think the wood stove makes it even worse, even though we keep a pot of water on it all the time.

/ House Build 2023 #336  
2 Weeks in and we are loving it! So far there is nothing we feel like we really messed up on, or big things wished we would have done differently. But, I did have the bottom of a box fall out while I was carrying it and 2 bottles of nail polish exploded all over the floor and wall... I was that kind of mad where you just get totally silent... The girls noticed and took over for me cleaning, and re-painted the walls. It was fixed within an hour.

Everything is out of boxes and organized how we think is best for now. We have a bunch of crap, way more than I thought.

A few observations of note: The big shower is for sure the highlight of the day. I am surprised how dry the air is in the house compared to the mobile home and previous house. We have an alarm clock in our room that also displays relative humidity, it stays around 35%. The trailer was closer to 60% most of the time. I really like having a garage to park in again. My poor car is sun faded and clear coat coming off of it, but it sure is nice going out to no frost and not having to worry about walking through the weather. Vented gas fireplace puts out so much heat it's almost uncomfortable standing in front of it. Even with our huge great room with super high ceilings, it heats up the space noticeably within an hour or so, and just keeps getting hotter.
Don't know if you can adjust the humidity, but 50% is comfortable for me.

Having a garage/barn to park in is great.