House Build 2023

/ House Build 2023
I eagle eyed the whole pour. They pulled up the vast majority of it.

20231227_094724.jpg20231227_075114.jpg

Last edited:
   / House Build 2023
The girls' bathroom is about done! Also got the house trailer sold today! Really nice couple came by and gave a deposit. No problem with us staying until the house is ready and knows it needs to move quick when we get out. It's gotta be off the property before we can close on the mortgage.

20231228_143743.jpg

/ House Build 2023 #316  
Those beams really set off the wood on you ceiling!!! Very nice.

How high up is your fan? On the box, there should be a diagram showing where the fan needs to be from the floor to be effective. Too high and you don't get any air movement.

/ House Build 2023
The fan is REALLY high. The peak of the vault is about 22'. I got the biggest fan that I could fit between the trusses for a reasonable price. It's 80" dia. It only came with a 2' down rod so I had the center beam made 10"x10" so it would get the blades far enough down to clear the vault by about 8". I would have liked to have a bigger one farther down but this one was the best I could do without having to spend upwards of $2,000. It's supposed to move almost 10,000 CFM of air. I'm hoping it's enough to keep the air stirred up so I don't have hot and cold layers.

/ House Build 2023
Now that we are getting real close, we may be able to move in by the end of next week (yay!). Please give me some pointers of what I need to check for my own personal "inspection". It should be inspected by a pro but I want to double check to keep them honest. I'm going to grab a GFCI recep tester and check receps, but I don't know which ones should be protected by GFCI. I know the ones outside and near water, but I don't know more than that. I've been eyeballing as much as I can through the whole process and it's all coming together now. I don't know what to look for on the plumbing side either aside from making sure the water comes out and goes down the drain.

What would you check on a finished house?

/ House Build 2023 #319  
In my opinion, Code has gone crazy with GFCI outlets. In every new house that I've worked on, there is a dozen or more GFCI outlets next to the breaker panel on the garage wall. It's easier and cheaper for the electricians to install them there, and then from the garage, they run their lines to where Code says they have to be. Kitchen, bathrooms, laundry room, porches and sometimes pantries. That's just off the top of my head. Easiest way that I've found to check outlets is to use an outlet socket adapter. Plug it in and see if the light goes on or stays off. I use them for turning off breakers too. Just plug it into the outlet and start turning off breakers until the light goes out.

The GFCI is first in line. All outlets after it on that line are protected. Turn off the GFCI, then you can use the outlet socket adapter to see which outlets are affected. In kitchens, it could be three or four different lines.

/ House Build 2023
My panel has GFCI breakers in it. So none of the receps have the test buttons, same process though.

Anything else I need to be looking for other than just obvious stuff missing or not functional? Electrical or otherwise.