Buying Advice How do I decide-first time buyer

/ How do I decide-first time buyer
Thanks for your info. I found the same as you mentioned, re: JD overwhelmed by their options that are not included as in the Kubota quote.
This is a good idea, I will be prepared with an actual list when I visit the dealer. JD is closer to me (15 min) but Kubota is only 30 min away.

Interesting that not much price difference on L6060, will have to check that out.
Dealer has the L6060 tractor on the lot with industrial tires, they would have to bring in the L4760 from another location.

Marie

/ How do I decide-first time buyer #12  
Thanks for your info. I found the same as you mentioned, re: JD overwhelmed by their options that are not included as in the Kubota quote.
This is a good idea, I will be prepared with an actual list when I visit the dealer. JD is closer to me (15 min) but Kubota is only 30 min away.

Interesting that not much price difference on L6060, will have to check that out.
Dealer has the L6060 tractor on the lot with industrial tires, they would have to bring in the L4760 from another location.

Marie

There is another user on the forums that just for a L4760HSTC and between his thread and mine on the 6060 there is quite a bit of info under the Kubota ownership forum here. The only regret I may have is fuel consumption is higher. I already had a cat2 tractor I traded and all my implements were setup cat2 (easily changed though). Because I was getting 0% financing and I want the tractor to be capable many years through my improvements to my property I thought it worthwhile to just invest in the HP now. I don’t know how much it will really matter long term but I figured it wasn’t something I could just upgrade when needed. My property is pretty steep where I mow and I eventually want to get a larger mower and don’t want to slow down much ;)

I took a bulleted list I typed up to each dealer and took notes at each one I visited. They all had their pros and cons, same with the different brands.

/ How do I decide-first time buyer #13  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

As you've said, both dealerships are keen for your business and both tractors are good ones from reliable manufacturers...

So, what are the dealership's reputations? How supportive are they to their customers regarding parts & service? You can find this out by talking with your neighbours and/or at the local pub.

Tractors last a long time. A great dealership is a large factor in the equation.

G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

As you've said, both dealerships are keen for your business and both tractors are good ones from reliable manufacturers...

So, what are the dealership's reputations? How supportive are they to their customers regarding parts & service? You can find this out by talking with your neighbours and/or at the local pub.

Tractors last a long time. A great dealership is a large factor in the equation.

I had to laugh re: local pub. I was in Australia many years ago (Sydney) and we took a shortcut thru a pub, it was 10:00 am or possibly 9:00 am. and it was full, lots of fun there.

Anyway, I heard good news on both dealerships so not much help there, but I drove the Kubota and really liked it, next week I'm trying the JD, then I'll make my decision. Thanks everyone for your much appreciated advice and encouragement.

I did get a quote for the L6060 and yes not much of a difference in price, I was seriously thinking it over; however now you got me thinking the fuel costs, diesel is pretty pricey here so .... do I need the extra h.p.? Also the cab was a bit higher and a bit wider, which would be a tight fit in my soon to be constructed barn.

I found the blog on the L4760 (first impressions), that guy should be a salesman, makes one want to rush out to buy one! oh and don't forget your coffee lol.

/ How do I decide-first time buyer #16  
Does that size Kubota still have that goofy single pedal Hydro?

It might also be worthwhile to compare loader specifications.

/ How do I decide-first time buyer #17  
The Kubota with Cab is 4,222 #
The John Deere with Cab is 4,675#

It looks like the John Deere Loader has better specs, especially breakout force

/ How do I decide-first time buyer #18  
For what you want to do literally either tractor will work lol

What’s your fav color? Lol

I have a 4320, I like it, cab ergonomics is really nice, I don’t have to be a gymnast to hit the deff peddle and directional peddles or split rear brakes and directional peddles.

I’m not a fan of how compact the cab feels but it’s better than the wind and cold of the winter.

/ How do I decide-first time buyer #19  
The battery is in the nose of my tractor, with how compact the cab is and where the loader stick is at a step on the other side of the tractor would be useless, sure it would be nice to exit and enter from both sides but that issue is really low on the list of things to care about for me.

I really wouldn’t worry about the extra fuel consumption of a larger engine, I would rather have more HP available than be limited due to less consumption of fuel.

I have 2 neighbors that pay me $50 per season for me to clear their driveways of snow while I’m clearing mine. I set that price btw, sure it prob doubles my time clearing snow from 20-30 mins to about an hour but it more than pays for my fuel all season and works the tractor more which is both fun and good for the old gal.

So like I said, I wouldn’t worry about fuel too much.

IMG_6837.JPGIMG_6836.JPGIMG_6718.JPGIMG_6834.JPG

I’m sure the 4052R is similar to my 4320 (48hp, 4 family).