How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #31  
matthew3120 said:
Hi everybody,

I orderd my gator on monday 05-07-2007 it will be the John Deere XUV 850D with the standed OPS Structure on it with the poly roof, top light kit, bed liner, floor mats, power dump,Brush Gaurd kit., rear protection screen, Beacon light off my tractor, 27" custom wheels and rims, Full OPS windsheild, 3000 lbs. winch, Front recevier hitch,tool box,72" V-plow. I also Got a X320 select lawn tractor w/48" Deck.Still waiting for total price on it will post the total when I get it.

Matthew3120

almost 19k and you got a mower to boot to. man don't worrie about the trooper your old lady is gonna kill you . when your wife gets hold to you your gonna be running down the street yelling for that trooper for help.lol. i sure hope you was nice to him when he towed yo tractor away..

post some picture of the gator when you get out of the I.C.U .lmao

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
almost 19k and you got a mower to boot to. man don't worrie about the trooper your old lady is gonna kill you . when your wife gets hold to you your gonna be running down the street yelling for that trooper for help.lol. i sure hope you was nice to him when he towed yo tractor away..

post some picture of the gator when you get out of the I.C.U .lmao
I really dropped in price I got a quote for 14,870 with a 72" V-blade.

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #33  
Troopers last name wasnt Stage by any chance?

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV
Northstar9126 said:
Troopers last name wasnt Stage by any chance?
No officer Ham

Matthew3120

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #35  
Hmm, truth is, I know nothing about the vehicle code for your state but everyone has bad days, even troopers. If he had a bad day, got up on the wrong side of the bed, spilled coffee down his pants, didn't get any n--kie, who knows.....

All I'm saying is that if the trooper was in a poor mood, he may have wrote you a ticket because he can. That doesn't mean his interpretation of the vehicle code is 100% correct, anyone, even troopers can make mistakes. Lots of officers write tickets which are completely baseless and they know that most citizens don't have the persistence or time or willpower to contest them.

I have contested tickets before -- parking and moving. It's always a pain in the butt and always takes valuable time away from your busy life but I have come out ahead almost every time. The last court appearance I made was due to a parking ticket I received for an expired meter on a holiday. I showed up for court and I never had to say a word. I wasted 1/2 a day and probably lost more in wages than the money saved from the ticket. But when it came to my turn, the judge read my response and summarily dismissed the case requiring no input from me. It was an illegal ticket, plain and simple which the officer had no business writing. It most certainly wasn't worth my time money wise but heck, I had a point to make. It was a matter of principle.

Now, on the otherhand, if the ticket was $1k+ and there additional towing expenses to boot, you can be absolutely certain that I will brush up entirely on the laws of my state and be 100% prepared to prove my case. As for the God complex that some members of law (or traffic) enforcement officers possess, it's because truth be told, if you don't contest it, they are in essence God. Of course if you disagree, go to court and prove that they are in fact mortal. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that an officer loses a contested traffic related case.

On the other hand, this may all be rather pointless because somehow, I get the feeling that mathew3120 wants a new toy to play with. Aw, come on now and admit it. We all get that inkling from time to time and that itch for a new toy. Heck, I get that itch all the time. Nothing wrong with it though: more toys, more joy, greater life experience, and someone gets a very nice tractor at a great price -- it's all good.

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #36  
I have a 2008 John Deere Gator XUV 850D diesel and I love it!!! I looked at and test drove (several times) the Kubota, the Kawasaki, Polaris Ranger and everything else there is out there. Nothing comes close to the Gator. This is the XUV - the older 6 X 4's and TX's etc. should not be in this comparison as they are very different and less capable. My second choice would have been the Kawasaki 3010 diesel Mule. I ruled out the Kubota quickly. It is noisy, idles rough, too big and too heavy, has terrible engine braking which wants to through you out of the vehicle once you take your foot off of the accelerator and is difficult to shift into gear. I found little to like about the Kubota RTV 900.

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #37  
:D I purchased a new JD Gator 620 for my wife - She uses it daily with her landscaping company and around our property for various things. I did a lot of comparing and reseaching before deciding to purchase this one. First I already own a Polaris Ranger. The Ranger is faster than the Gator without a doubt, however I'm not sure who needs to drive 50 in a Gator, certainly not me. I think regardless of Gator or Ranger, it all depends on your application.
Those who like the speed and UTV racing should really consider purchasing something designed for that, which is not a Ranger or Gator. Just because it will do 50 doesn't mean its designed for the rough treatment your planning on putting it through driving 50. Nevertheless, my money is on the JD Gator for several reason, First is Safety - JD Gator is by far designed and operates safer than the Ranger - Second is Realiability, our Gator always starts regardless of weather conditions, always operates correctly and has never been in the shop for anything other than normal oil change service. You might also consider comparing the welds on a Ranger verus the Gator, you will find far superior workmanship with the JD Gator. Fit for our application, meaning it is the correct tool for our tasks. I might add that I live in Valdez, Alaska so you can imagine the weather conditions we use our Gator in. Value, I paid $11K for my Gator fully equipment from our JD dealer, try that with Ranger and you will spend $18K+. As for my Ranger, well its in the shop more than its worth, transmission and transaxle problems, bad CV's, and never ending oil leaks. What more can I say.

As for the question, "how do you like your new JD Gator XUV?"

We love it and wouldn't trade it for any other XUV on the market.

My equipment: JD 2210 for general yard and snow removal.
JD Gator 620 for my wife and anything she needs it for.
JD 4350 for misc property maintenace.
Case 580 for other misc property maintenace.
Polaris Ranger XP

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #38  
GeneSimm7 said:
I have a 2008 John Deere Gator XUV 850D diesel and I love it!!! I looked at and test drove (several times) the Kubota, the Kawasaki, Polaris Ranger and everything else there is out there. Nothing comes close to the Gator. This is the XUV - the older 6 X 4's and TX's etc. should not be in this comparison as they are very different and less capable. My second choice would have been the Kawasaki 3010 diesel Mule. I ruled out the Kubota quickly. It is noisy, idles rough, too big and too heavy, has terrible engine braking which wants to through you out of the vehicle once you take your foot off of the accelerator and is difficult to shift into gear. I found little to like about the Kubota RTV 900.

I suppose that's why there are so many brands. I'm a big Deere guy and have now spent over 150k with my local JD dealer. However, I rather strongly felt that the JD XUV couldn't hold a candle to the Kubota RTVs for my need of doing rather hard work. I had both out to my property and, in my opinion, the RTV really out-worked the XUV. The engine braking on the RTV is vastly superior in my mind and was a great selling point when carrying heavy loads up and down hills. Heck, I even had to buy the camo colored RTV because the orange just didn't fit in at all with all the green stuff around here. :D

Different strokes for different folks...

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #39  
i can't coment on the xuv's but the hpx is a tough one . mine never let me down "yet" i just got a rhino and it's nice but i think if i was to haul the things i haul in it that i put in my hpx it would bend in half. now the xuv i think has a weaker rearend so i can't see it holding up to alot of real abuse. but like someone posted before it's not really made for the abuse like the others are. the hpx/rtv's are the work horses of the utv's and the xuv to me is at the bottom of the work/sport xuv. i just about have my hpx sold the problem is letting it go john deere does make a reliable machine and thats one of the reasons i still have my hpx is because of the dependability of them and the weight they can haul. who knows i might give the diesel xuv a try after or get a newer hpx but i'll replace my deere with a deere.

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #40  
I have a friend that has a 07 rtv and cant even begin to go the places my xuv can go.
Hey Dargo I read somewhere that you have had trouble with kubota service and warranty. John Deere service and warranty is second to none. I think that alone is worth alot.
We were both hauling loads of sand over uneven ground and the 1100 rtv was stuck every place we went.
The rtv was much more top heavy than the xuv on sidehills. I have the full glass cab on my xuv and I wouldnt trade it for anything.
The rtv is great on flat ground.