How "fresh" is a new tractor?

/ How "fresh" is a new tractor? #11  
Re: How \"fresh\" is a new tractor?

So if the year was 2019 and I bought a BX22 (show room) would it be used since the model was only made during 2002 to 2004 or it is still considered a new tractor (but 15 to 17 years old).

Not started a war, but this no date can be taken both ways here, I guess.

Confusing...

/ How "fresh" is a new tractor? #12  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So if the year was 2019 and I bought a BX22 (show room) would it be used since the model was only made during 2002 to 2004 or it is still considered a new tractor (but 15 to 17 years old).

Confusing... )</font>

It would still be considered new since it was never put in service. New means it has not been used for it's intended purpose. Even if it has been there for 15 years if it hasn't mowed, plowed, loadered, etc. it has not been used.

If you buy a toothbrush that has been on the store shelf for 3 years is it considered a used toothbrush?

Bill Tolle

/ How "fresh" is a new tractor? #13  

It might be considered NEW but would it be considered a 2019 model?

Terry

/ How "fresh" is a new tractor? #14  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It might be considered NEW but would it be considered a 2019 model?

Terry )</font>

I suppose so, but when you go back to the dealer for parts they are not interested in the year, only the model number and serial number.

Bill Tolle

/ How "fresh" is a new tractor? #15  

That may be true , but a lot of folks only know to ask WHAT YEAR IS IT? completly disregarging hrs and type of use.

/ How "fresh" is a new tractor? #16  

So if the year was 2019 and I bought a BX22 (show room) would it be used since the model was only made during 2002 to 2004 or it is still considered a new tractor (but 15 to 17 years old).

Confusing...
I could never get a strait answer on determining year, some said year sold, and some said year of manufacture.
My tractor was manufactured in 2013, verified by ser. number so that's what I am calling it.

The BX in your example, as long as it hadn't been sold before, would be new. but a 2002 or 04 model depending on ser. number.
It should also have no more than 10 hrs or so on it to be sold as new,and be heavily discounted compared to a current year model (they cost the dealer less back then).
My tractor had 1 hour on it, the norm seems to be up to 13 or so....
I also read a post where a dealer was trying to sell a previous year model with 50 hours on it as new, sorry but anything more than about 10 hours or so I would call used, but I'm picky.

So that's my understanding of the year issue.
Date of manufacture is what I am going by.

/ How "fresh" is a new tractor? #17  
Re: How "fresh" is a new tractor?

Model, hours on the meter and condition are all that maters.

/ How "fresh" is a new tractor? #18  

Model, hours on the meter and condition are all that maters.

Indeed, Tractors have a build date that some confuse as a "model year", but tractors are not differentiated by a "model year"...

/ How "fresh" is a new tractor? #19  

Indeed, Tractors have a build date that some confuse as a "model year", but tractors are not differentiated by a "model year"...

Thats what they tell you when you are buying a new one, that might be a couple years old.
If your trading one in, they are happy to bring up how old it is.
Then you look at the used equipment on their website and they are listed by year.....WTF

/ How "fresh" is a new tractor? #20  

Thats what they tell you when you are buying a new one, that might be a couple years old.
If your trading one in, they are happy to bring up how old it is.
Then you look at the used equipment on their website and they are listed by year.....WTF

As far as I know, the dates listed newer used machines is the "in service" date. Once a machine is placed in service, the clock on the warranty starts ticking down. Older used machines they list the build date simply to give buyers an idea of how old a machine may be. New is new and remains such until it is placed into service.