How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #51  
Re: How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

I would hit him straight between the eyes with it, no sugar coating at all and then rub some salt in the wound!. My experience is that if your not down right rude and unpleasant about it they don't even contemplate they did anything wrong.
I would have driven right onto his lot and showed him the shinny new tractor I purchased elsewhere and walked in got his attention and told him "Since you never bothered to get back to me I decided to buy from someone who did"
The hole problem with being nice and trying to hint at something, sugar coat it or in any way make it painless is they just don't get it so go ahead and smack him right upside the head with it and do him a favor!

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #52  
Re: How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

I would hit him straight between the eyes with it, no sugar coating at all and then rub some salt in the wound!. My experience is that if your not down right rude and unpleasant about it they don't even contemplate they did anything wrong.
I would have driven right onto his lot and showed him the shinny new tractor I purchased elsewhere and walked in got his attention and told him "Since you never bothered to get back to me I decided to buy from someone who did"
The hole problem with being nice and trying to hint at something, sugar coat it or in any way make it painless is they just don't get it so go ahead and smack him right upside the head with it and do him a favor!

^^I agree with this

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

Uhhh, still waiting. Guy never called back and in the interim I have bought two pricey implements, a 70 HP tractor, taken in a piece of equipment for what is likely a $750 repair and bought lots of parts. I have not been back to the old dealer because I find the new one much easier to deal with and has parts priced about 10% less. It's a shame; I liked the old guy.

In talking with other guys, more than a few have brought up a dealer that wouldn't call back. I don't get that. Is it a fear of rejection that the prospect won't buy or is the farm equipment biz so wonderful that they don't give a rat's az-z?

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #54  

You gentlemen are discussing bad salesman as the reason for leaving a dealership and what you thought about it. Salesmen aren't the only reason people leave a dealership. I have a friend here who works for a very large international company. John Deere local dealer (a franchise) billed this company for something they purchased. Within 90 days they paid it, and the following month they got another bill, which promptly got checked up on and confirmed(with a cancelled check) that the bill had been paid. Now this went on for quite a while with JD Corporate being consulted about how to get the franchise to quit billing them for something that was paid. JD Corporate couldn't "make" the franchise do anything, so the Company (which by the way is much larger than JD) told the local guys to clear out their tractor sheds of anything green. The next month right on schedule with the typical turnover, the new tractors arrived for the farm to use, and they were not JD green. Seems Case put together a very attractive package for them, in a hurry, and delivered them. About a million and a half dollars is what just this farm buys, and i would be very surprised if that franchise keeps billing that company, that the other farms all over this country (and others??) will start to get rid of the green machines, following in suit.
David from jax