How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #41  
Re: How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

I hate the fact the phone call takes priority over me the guy in the store waiting pay you money. I have made noise about that in a store on more than one occasion. Honestly it is one of the reasons I buy on line a lot now. If I am not going to get good customer service in your brick and mortar store I will simply not waste my time going into your store.

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #42  
Re: How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

I hate the fact the phone call takes priority over me the guy in the store waiting pay you money. I have made noise about that in a store on more than one occasion. Honestly it is one of the reasons I buy on line a lot now. If I am not going to get good customer service in your brick and mortar store I will simply not waste my time going into your store.

I think it's a matter of staffing rather than service priority.

For sure if the phone isn't answered, that customer is gone. The customer standing there will more than likely wait. So if the store is understaffed, the phone call just got top billing. :)

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #43  

I think it's a matter of staffing rather than service priority.

For sure if the phone isn't answered, that customer is gone. The customer standing there will more than likely wait. So if the store is understaffed, the phone call just got top billing. :)

When they answer the phone they have quickly better ask them to hold or this customer is walking right out the door! I usually have to wait till they get off the phone before getting help so I figure just like me the customer who calls after my turn starts best be patient and wait their turn as well!
More people should demand they get treated better or walk.

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #44  
   / How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #45  

When I was shopping for my bush hog I called the various dealers in the area. I knew what I wanted and was just price shopping brands. They were all able to answer my question on the phone with just a "hold on let me look that up". Then they could give me the price and tell me if they had it in stock or would have to order it.

I am not sure why there would be a need for any other answer, unless what you are looking for is not something the dealer in that area would normally carry.

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

Still waiting...

in the interim I established a new relationship with a wonderful dealer not that far from my house. I've bought two implements from him so far as well as a 70 HP tractor. I've also referred someone that will likely buy something.

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #47  

Still waiting...

in the interim I established a new relationship with a wonderful dealer not that far from my house. I've bought two implements from him so far as well as a 70 HP tractor. I've also referred someone that will likely buy something.

WOW! You have a lot of patience if you waited from September of last year for a return call. I would have waited 48 hours then moved on.

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #48  

WOW! You have a lot of patience if you waited from September of last year for a return call. I would have waited 48 hours then moved on.

Problem is probably that the salesman is on commission and he gets little or nothing on implements.

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price?

Well, I did move on after a couple of weeks. As mentioned, I bought the stuff elsewhere--for less--plus another implement and a tractor. Plus referred someone else and bought a lot of parts from the new place. Now, I'm just busting chops for "chips and grins" and pointing out the lessons for others. My plan is to update this thread every now and then when I think of it.

Some day, one day, the dealer will call or ask about that implement and I will just say "I had to go a different direction so no need". I will not embarrass the man but let him take care of that himself as he connects the dots on why I'm not buying parts and supplies. Look, I'm getting older and things like this help me give back life's lessons to the less fortunate. :D

/ How long should I wait for a dealer to "get back to me" on an implement price? #50  

Some day, one day, the dealer will call or ask about that implement and I will just say "I had to go a different direction so no need".

You are doing him a disservice if you do not tell him honestly that you went elsewhere because he didn't get back to you. You are depriving him of valuable feedback. You don't have to insult him or demean him in order to tell him the truth, but if you lie to him (as you said you would do), it's not because you believe that's what's best for him, but because that's what's easiest for you.