How many acres do you own/operate on?

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #101  
Our house sits on an 8.5 acre piece carved out of the 108 acres my wife and her sister inherited from their parents. 33 acres of tillable ground rented to the neighbor just about pays the real eastate taxes. The rest is wooded and starting to get badly overgrown with multiflora roses and grape vines. I am slowly getting them killed off. I have the 1962 901 Ford, bush hog, back blade, slip scoop, post hole digger,six foot finish mower, and an old Ford sickle bar mower that my father inlaw did not sell when he quit farming. I added a 1050 cub cadet, and a 500 sportsman Polaris to the mix and am about to pick up a sprayer to tow behind the Polaris to spray the roses. I am in the process of rebuilding the fences, and want to plant a few hundred red and white oaks. Working midnights at the county jail and mowing 5 acres around the house pretty well takes up most of my time but keeps me mostly out of trouble.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #102  
20 acres with 15 goats, 56 chickens, 6 + rabbits, 10 turkeys, 9 ducks, 4 dogs, 2 cats, about 4-5 cleared, with a Kubota B2710, and a bunch of attachments with a Cub Cadet 1046 for finish work. and two small laborers who think they will be land barons someday:D

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #103  
81 ac. 31 crop shared 50/50 with my neighbor. When all non native plants and weeds are gone it will be turned from crop to native prairie. 8 ac lawn. Balance is wooded.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #104  
We own 113 acres with 30 ac. field, and a couple rental places with 5 acres & house about 20 miles away. Manage the 30ac with:
JD5420 4wd loader
12'-JD210 disc,
Woods DS120 cutter,
Woods 7' BB84 cutter
Homemade rake harrow,
12' cultipacker
200 gal trailer sprayer
JD Gator 825i

jd54202.jpg

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #105  
I own about 110 acres of forested land. We use it for hunting, a small target range, 4 wheeler trails, and storage. The land is mostly pines with some oak, birch and aspen areas. Its got a few small wetlands...and one larger swamp.

It's been regenning for about 5 years now....after the former timber company did some select harvest on about half of the land. I've taken out 1550 stumps with my grinder. Likely have another 500 to grind out over the next year or two. I've tried to get my open areas established before the re-gen became too thick. Seems I've gotten that accomplished. :)

We now have about 8 total acres of open land including my several miles of trails. The widest opening is about 100 feet wide. I have another acre or so....and a little more trail to expand....and then I'm done with clearing and new plot establishment.

Most of my implements are 5 foot wide and the equipment and tractor seem well suited for my purposes. My 3320 seems ideal for maintaining this property. I've accumulated most every needed implement to make the work go smoothly. My FEL grapple makes short work of timber maintenance - which is always a work in process.

I enjoy making our land and food plots better for the critters....and we have far more deer, turkey, grouse, rabbit, song-birds and more as a result of our work.

The deer hunting is fair to middling for our family.....and seems to improve with time. Thus far....the neighbors seem to do better at the hunting than us.....as a result of our work. :laughing: It's all good.

Attachments

• P1040549 (Medium).JPG
    P1040549 (Medium).JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 232
  • P1040074 (Medium).JPG
    P1040074 (Medium).JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 226
  • P1040279 (Medium).JPG
    P1040279 (Medium).JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 259
  • Lake Land Tractor 028 (Medium).jpg
    Lake Land Tractor 028 (Medium).jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 257
   / How many acres do you own/operate on? #106  
six acres of pecan trees with a nice pond, formerly worked with a Craftsman lawn tractor, BUT...as of yesterday a JD 3032e with a 60 inch shredder that I'm hoping to try out today!

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #107  
JT on a JD said:
six acres of pecan trees with a nice pond, formerly worked with a Craftsman lawn tractor, BUT...as of yesterday a JD 3032e with a 60 inch shredder that I'm hoping to try out today!

130 acre, 50 wooded, 12 hay, the rest is pasture land. Use a John Deere 5203 4WD with 522 loader, 6' woods rotary cutter, CCM 165 drum mower, one row Tedder, John Deere 640 hay rake, John Deere 14T baler, wagons, post driver.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #108  
Been holding off on this thread, but as far as the acreage MY tractor OPERATES on (so far since 2009) it's 0.25 acre. However we also have about 400 acres in Mississippi, 73 acres in Vermont, and another half acre in Virginia. It's virtually all timberland, except for four houses.

Trying to get up to a square mile.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #109  
82 acres of mixed hardwood forest (50 acres), old pasture being taken back by nature (23 acres) and 9 acres open pasture/field in Eastern Ontario (between Ottawa and Montreal). Managing as best I can with the time I have with a Kubota MX5100, BH92 and bush hog. Desperately need a chipped, ideally a BX62 Wallenstein to clean up all the branches around and use the chips for my trails.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #110  
45 acres total. 30 are tillable that we lease to a local farmer, 4 are lawn, the rest is wooded and meadow.

We work it with a 3120, 72 autoconnect mmm, loader, and a bunch of implements.