how many people wax there tractor

/ how many people wax there tractor #11  
Guilty as charged. I usually do it once a year ... sometimes twice. I have Amour-All'd the dash and seat so I guess that makes me a double threat. I used to wax all my vehicles two or three times a year too but I'm slowly getting over that ... I'm down to once a year. I can't seem to be able to break myself of the habit and driving on the farm road, kicking up all that dust during the summer doesn't help either. It just upsets me to see them covered in muck and dust. I suppose if you must have a fetish, this one isn't too bad as fetishes go.

/ how many people wax there tractor #12  
The first time I "waxed" my tractor was un-intentional. I started out just putting some wax on the snow blade to help keep the snow from sticking to it. While I had the wax and rag out, I waxed the hood and fenders as well.

After I put the loader on and our yard was turned to a big mud-pit, and I lost my garage space and had to park it outside, while we built the house, I have not even hosed it off.

When I get the remainder of the garage space built and have a place to park it inside and my driveway is paved so I don't have som much mud, I will probably get it cleaned up again and touch up the paint, etc.

- Rick

/ how many people wax there tractor #13  
I am having mine done by a professional detailer.... only the best for a Kubota.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ how many people wax there tractor #14  
I like to wax my machine usually after I wash it. I'll take our hand held Dynabrade orbital buffer. Works well. I just love to see my refelction in the paint!

/ how many people wax there tractor #15  
I have a 5yr old L3710, with 400+ hours on it. Never been waxed, (never even been washed uless you count getting caught out in the rain).

On the flip side, it does reside in a heated garage, while my daily driver sits outside....

/ how many people wax there tractor #16  
Wax tractor and detail the engine . Probably once a month in the summer.Rarely wash with soap and water though . Makes the control levers rust and seize. Always blow out the radiator after every use and blow off the tractor each time out.

Attachments

• 383464-mvc-001s.jpg
    383464-mvc-001s.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 111
   / how many people wax there tractor #17  
I have never waxed the new one ........yet /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But I did wash and wax the Yanmar when I got ready to sell it. That paint looked like new. The buyer was so impressed with it, he bought it based on pictures alone....... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ how many people wax there tractor #18  
WELCOME TO THE FORUM; we are practially neighbors, i am 20 miles south of buffalo(derby) and i do have to admit i do wash and wax my tractor a few times a year. i keep it very clean, and i just get enjoyment on a nice summer evening or early fall day when nothing else is pressing , just waxing it.some might think i am crazy /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but what the heck, my tractor is a tool, but it also a hobby. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ how many people wax there tractor #19  
Haven't washed or waxed, yet. Of course, at -15 like it's been for much of this winter, it would have been difficult.

Hmmmmm, I wonder if I towed it through a car wash would they charge me double? "No, guys, that's OK. Don't wash the truck, just wash the tractor on the trailer." /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ how many people wax there tractor #20  
Most farmers wash and wax their tractors and harvesters once a year before they are put back into storage for the winter. This helps to keep the machines looking new and increases trade value as well as making the machines and farm look nicer. Waxing tractors is a common thing which is why tractor dealers sell wax. NH has its own brand of tractor wax that dealers sell and I am sure JD does as well. Now if you are waxing the blades on the brush chopper as well as everything else, then you might have a problem /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif