how many people wax there tractor

/ how many people wax there tractor #21  
Let's take this one step further....
SURELY I'm not the only one here who has compounded out the scratches before waxing !!??
I do it more often for my daughter's JD LX277 with the easily scratched plastic hood, but I also do it to my little Kub BX.
Just recently ordered new decals for the little BX just 'cause the original one are getting a little frayed due to the frequent cleaning (power washer didn't help either).
Everything runs better after a little TLC!
r

/ how many people wax there tractor #22  
I wash, wax, and steam clean the motor (or is it engine /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) after each use. Never know when the Tractor Police will pull a surprise inspection here in Massachusetts. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Ken

/ how many people wax there tractor #23  
frankie14001,

I can't say that I have waxed my tractor yet /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif but I have only had it for a month so far, but I have washed it 2 times, my wife keeps laughing at me /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

But you can bet I'll be joining the WW club as soon as it gets warm /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ how many people wax there tractor #24  
You bet it increases resale value. Some farmers wax and wash them before they bring them in to trade and even the ones from the 1980s look like new. But then there are the farmers who have not washed their combines for a couple years and they smell, have moldy corn, etc in the hopper and it really looks bad. The hopper stink will turn off buyers. Then it takes upwards of 8 hours to get everything looking good again. Washing combines is actually fun though.

/ how many people wax there tractor #25  
I wash, wax and Armor All my tractor and vehicles regularly. Just waxed my 1983 Benz; still looks like new. Gravely looks near new, a 1988. VW needs a new top: 1997 models with tan tops had a problem.

Ralph

/ how many people wax there tractor #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ............................Just waxed my 1983 Benz; still looks like new. ............

Ralph )</font>

Most respectable Benz owners will purchase a new one if it needs waxing. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif ........ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ how many people wax there tractor #27  
Back about 3 1/2 years ago I purchased my first new tractor.
I couldn't let that bright orange paint go without a coat of wax. My son happens by the barn and observes my activities and tells his mother of my actions. She asks if I am going to do her car next.

The next day my son logs on to this website and posts a question about tractor waxing to show the world how odd his father is. Seems the little joke back fired on him when he found out that of the people who responded more have waxed their tractors than not.

I have found that dirt washes off much easier with a good coat of wax applied. I have even made a trip to the local do it yourself car wash to used the high pressure spray, just remember to bring a towel for the seat. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Randy

/ how many people wax there tractor #28  
You probably would have got a shorter list, if you asked who did not wax their tractors!

I wash and wax mine a few times a year, use tire wax on the tires and Armoral on other rubber stuff.

Matt

/ how many people wax there tractor #29  
Though neither my wifes vehgicles or mine have ever been waxed ( seldom washed )... My tractor gets washed before being put away from work.

And yes.. I wax them too.

All of them got a good waxing after painting ( antiques ).. nad / or after washing... Seems to keep them cleaner.

I used a neat wax from a JD dealer... soy based.. etc.. good sheen too.. long lasting.

Soundguy

/ how many people wax there tractor #30  
RET, could you tell me what you are using to take the scratches out of the LX 277 hood, I have one of those too and the hood is pretty scratched up.

Thanks