How many use a carry-all?

/ How many use a carry-all? #11  
I don't know why in the heck I never had one until now! Here is a video of mine set up for firewood primarily.

I made one about 20 years ago that I can lift 4 ways on my JD:
1. 3 pt hitch
2. FEL quick attach
3. Front forks (centered at 27") carryall 001.JPGcarryall 002.JPGcarryall 003.JPGcarryall 004.JPGcarryall 005.JPG
4. Rear forks

It is mostly scrap angle iron and still has the original plywood sides which I coated with oily preservative. Its landing runners are 3 4x4s and bottom boards are 1" decking planks, all original. Planks have top metal straps (3) with a bolt through each one into the 3 4x4s below. Its volume capacity far exceeds the JD bucket. I have used it for many things including dirt, firewood, tools like chainsaw, rototiller, weedwacker, gasoline, people, leaves for fall cleanup, branches, tree tubes, tree whips, grass seed, grain seed, etc. I put D rings at 4 points when I built it so I could lift it with a chainhoist up in the garage but never used that feature. The top D rings are useful tie down points for the walkbehind rototiller since it tends to fall over when bouncing along. When I chase dirt out of ditches with the backhoe I set it nearby and fill it with spoil, then dump it rather than using the FEL bucket on piles of dirt placed on the ground. It saves time and is very convenient for many chores.

/ How many use a carry-all?
That vid is really HD lol, dude has a nice camera.

As for the carry all for firewood, seems he put a lot of effort just to cut up that little cherry tree.

I like a quad and a trailer myself, hauling wood from the woods is much faster, I cut lots of wood with just that.

A carry all for fence repair? I can see a huge use there, what would be a nice platform to work off of, but then again a trailer would to lol.

I don't think I personally would ever use one.

That camera is a Sony FDR X3000, it's like a Go Pro but better and cheaper. I'm not a tech kind of guy lol but did a little research and bought one. Really easy to use.

As far as the video, I used a 4 wheeler and trailer for years, yes it would work fine in many cases but I would never go back to that. You may have missed in the video when I skidded that little cherry out it was laying down over the bank beside a small creek. No way would a 4 wheeler get that out. Secondly I like lifting off the ground, saves my back and my chain, and lastly I got 1/3 of a cord out in one trip. total time 45 minutes and thats screwing around with the camera too lol.

/ How many use a carry-all? #13  
Nice carry-all MMfrompa !!

I find a carry-all pretty useful around the wood shed. It is one of the many methods I use to get wood in.

2013FireWood3.JPG

CarryAllWood (1).JPG

CarryAllWood (2).JPG

gg

/ How many use a carry-all? #14  
091.JPG I built this one out of scrap lumber, but so far have used it mostly for ballast. It was not that expensive but
ready for projects yet unknown.

/ How many use a carry-all? #15  
That is cool!! Excellent video. Thank you.

/ How many use a carry-all? #16  
Here's mine:

carryall-1.jpg

The dolly under it I built so I can roll it out of the way when it's off. I have my rear wheels of my tractor set wide because of our hilly property, and so made the carryall wide accordingly. I put the firewood on it crosswise, and tie it down with the cords that are wrapped around the headboard and the hooks under the rear edge. That lets me get a good load while keeping the deck flat for other tasks.

With no side walls I can load up a lot of long brush, limbs, etc. when I haul it off to be chipped. I use the same cords to tie that down.

Here's the unit on it's dolly pushed against the wall.

carryall-2.jpg

/ How many use a carry-all? #17  
That camera is a Sony FDR X3000, it's like a Go Pro but better and cheaper. I'm not a tech kind of guy lol but did a little research and bought one. Really easy to use.

As far as the video, I used a 4 wheeler and trailer for years, yes it would work fine in many cases but I would never go back to that. You may have missed in the video when I skidded that little cherry out it was laying down over the bank beside a small creek. No way would a 4 wheeler get that out. Secondly I like lifting off the ground, saves my back and my chain, and lastly I got 1/3 of a cord out in one trip. total time 45 minutes and thats screwing around with the camera too lol.

That is a nice carry all you built, I really like the sides on it.

What's the frame rated to lift?

And if I was you, I wouldn't purposely cut down the cherry trees, I love burning cherry, I would wait for them to die and dry out while standing, find the dead ones, cut them down and no curing needed.

I saw you skidding the tree, I did not see it was laying over a bank originally.

I can see getting the log off the ground would be attractive to save the blade, if your prone to running the blade in the dirt. I usually cut 7/8 and roll the log.

Long story short is: where my tractor is, the wood is not, I don't have timber on my property to cut so loading up my tractor to cut firewood doesn't make sense for me, I like to drive the quad in the bed of the truck and pull a trailer behind that I will load with firewood to haul home.

I have never cut on land with trails or flat enough for a tractor either. Maybe some day lol.

Do you have pallet forks? I guess I do carry lots of stuff with my forks but have yet to own a carry all. Interesting read though.

/ How many use a carry-all? #19  
Xring,

Interesting, I could see where that would be useful, hopefully you had a smooth operator to get you in the air lmao.