How many use a carry-all?

/ How many use a carry-all? #31  

abcuster, if you are only towing a light load like a wood splitter the plate idea will work as is. BUT if you are going to to trailers (6x4 and larger) then you will need to add a diagonal brace forward. I learned that lesson as a child when dad had to drop the trailer full of docking gear or tear the back out of the carry all. In New Zealand ,carry all's are common and 6'wx3'dx3'h is the common size.

Last edited:
   / How many use a carry-all? #32  
I like the way you use the carry all as a dump trailer. Not familiar with the hydraulic set up u have for the top link. Can you explain what it is, how it works, and whats involved in buying and mounting it, please? Thanks!

Dump carryall: I bought a top link cylinder. I measured the stroke I would need with the carryall in dump position and the shortest position with the carryall at rest. Then I looked for top link cylinders that fit the bill. On mine I needed some extenders that I mad up. I could have moved the top link down on the carryall, but that would have meant welding some extra bracing.

I have a rear hydraulic remote setup already on the tractor so I just used that.

To get the height on the carry all dump, I moved the lift arm pins to the bottom of the carryall - drilled two holes with steel hole cutting bits.

Toplinks: Top Link Cylinder 2-1/2 Bore 1 Stroke, Category 2

2X11X1.18 CATEGORY 1 HYDRAULIC DOUBLE ACTING TOP LINK CYLINDER | Tractor Top Link Hydraulic Cylinders | Hydraulic Cylinders | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

hole bits- something like this: HSS Drill Bit Hole Saw Set(with 5pcs) form AISHN, Carbide Tip hole size 16mm 18.5mm 2mm 25mm 3mm Apply to Aluminum alloy, Stainless steel etc - - Amazon.com

Good luck