How many use a carry-all?

/ How many use a carry-all? #22  
Xring,

Interesting, I could see where that would be useful, hopefully you had a smooth operator to get you in the air lmao.
Thats actually my buddy i put him up there so we could put a beam up for a tire swing its something like 15-16 feet above ground. I have the box saftey chained to the fork frame. It works great for dumping shingles into it and driving to the dumpster
Your tractor makes mine look like a BX
Yeah my buddies b2400 looks pretty small next to it but he can drive on grass lawns without tearing it up.

/ How many use a carry-all? #23  
I have a single use for mine. I mounted my PTO generator to it.

/ How many use a carry-all? #24  
I use mine for watering trees. I built the carry-all deck wide enough for two 55-gallon barrels and added a small 12 volt pump and hose reel.

I set mine up for one barrel and a small pump. I had used it before for wood. I put a hydraulic link in and turned it in to a dumping carryall. Carryall1.jpgMy idea was to use my 7' plow on the bucket and put sides on the carryall which I did, and use that for moving and dumping horse manure from the barn during the winter. After I discovered that the 5' bucket for snow was actually faster than the plow, I dropped that idea.

Attachments

• Pump a.JPG
    Pump a.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 410
  • pump 2.JPG
    pump 2.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC00515a.JPG
    DSC00515a.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 206
Last edited:
   / How many use a carry-all? #25  
Thank you very much for posting the video. It was very well done and that is one attachment I need to make for my tractor. It will get a lot of use around the farm.

/ How many use a carry-all? #26  
So this has me thinking about building a carry all on either the CountyLine or King Kutter frame platform. I would be using it mostly for firewood cutting and hauling. It would be nice to be able to tote along the log splitter at the same time.

What would be the best way build a frame under the box/frame for a 2" receiver hitch, say like this?

Amazon.com: Reese Towpower 81378 Class II Step Bumper Receiver Hitch: Automotive

Maybe a metal plate on top and bottom of the back board to spread the load? or bolt metal piece between the carry-all frames and top of board? Hmmmm..... Of course, I wouldn't be using the hitch for anything else but pulling the splitter.

/ How many use a carry-all? #27  
So this has me thinking about building a carry all on either the CountyLine or King Kutter frame platform. I would be using it mostly for firewood cutting and hauling. It would be nice to be able to tote along the log splitter at the same time.

What would be the best way build a frame under the box/frame for a 2" receiver hitch, say like this?

Amazon.com: Reese Towpower 81378 Class II Step Bumper Receiver Hitch: Automotive

Maybe a metal plate on top and bottom of the back board to spread the load? or bolt metal piece between the carry-all frames and top of board? Hmmmm..... Of course, I wouldn't be using the hitch for anything else but pulling the splitter.

EDIT: I didn't even look at your hitch selection before I posted this - I should have. What you selected is a very reasonable choice. Just bolt it on like you said with a plate above. Good idea !!!!!

I would buy one of these ( select 6" length ) and weld it onto a plate or bar/plate. Bolt it to the end plank like you described or weld it between the frame and bolt it. I have two of the 1-1/4" tubes I use for the wood splitter - plenty strong enough.

Amazon.com: CURT 4956 Raw Steel Receiver Tubing: CURT: Automotive

ReeseHitch7.JPG

P1140908.JPG

Tractor_Splitter.jpg

gg

Last edited:
   / How many use a carry-all? #28  
Bringing in a load of wood into the barn, one of many to get ready for next winter. About 1.5 cords of 18" long sugar maple drying for two winters...

Attachments

• SAM_0947 (Large).JPG
    SAM_0947 (Large).JPG
    349.3 KB · Views: 475
   / How many use a carry-all? #29  

To haul around your wood splitter, I would just attach that receiver with 4 carriage bolts as big as will fit. Maybe put washers on them.
attached to a 2x? floor, it would be plenty strong enough.

/ How many use a carry-all? #30  
I like the way you use the carry all as a dump trailer. Not familiar with the hydraulic set up u have for the top link. Can you explain what it is, how it works, and whats involved in buying and mounting it, please? Thanks!