How Russians pull car from lake.

/ How Russians pull car from lake. #21  
I learned that dunking doesn't neccessarily get your car cleaner judging by the sides coming out. I was also surprised that the torque on the windlass didn't rip out the ice ahead of it like a knife through tarpaper.

/ How Russians pull car from lake. #22  
How do Russians put car into the lake?

/ How Russians pull car from lake. #23  
   / How Russians pull car from lake. #24  
How do Russians put car into the lake?
At the end of that video it's written - this is an unplanned attraction for foreign participants of Baikal Cup of ice boating. At the beginning - Russian saying "to whom it's a fire, to whom it's having a worm".

I guess that driver decided to be closer to the 'start/finish' line...

/ How Russians pull car from lake. #25  
Wonder if she started?? Thanks for sharing.

As long as the engine wasn't running when it went in, and it wasn't in the water for more than a day or so; if they drain the gas tank, flush the lines, and check the battery, it should start. If it went in with the engine still running, they may have busted a rod or blown the head trying to compress water in a cylinder.

/ How Russians pull car from lake. #26  
As long as the engine wasn't running when it went in, and it wasn't in the water for more than a day or so; if they drain the gas tank, flush the lines, and check the battery, it should start. If it went in with the engine still running, they may have busted a rod or blown the head trying to compress water in a cylinder.

Probably will bring it over here and sell it from the same lot they sold all those recovered Katrina cars.......ya just don't tell the buyer about the car being underwater for a short period. Amazing what a air freshener will do!

/ How Russians pull car from lake. #27  

Yeah, it might start, but would you want it?:D In the Spring of 1965, we got a new 1965 Chevrolet squad car for my beat. Of course the cars were assigned to a beat and were used on that beat by all 3 shifts. The second night I had that car, it was raining when I went off duty at 11 p.m. And the two officers who relieved me and my partner drove north on Marsh Lane . . . . and were washed off the road into a creek. They barely got out of the car alive, but both did survive. The car was submerged. The next day the flood water receded, the car was winched out of the creek with hardly a scratch on it. They washed it, inside and out, drained everything, left it sitting out with all 4 doors open until it pretty dried out, refilled all the fluids, and put it back in service. And for the rest of the year, it spent most of its time in the shop, with repairs that undoubtedly cost twice as much as another new car would have cost.

/ How Russians pull car from lake. #29  
Where's the punch line? :D

"I go to New York and I saw a big sign saying 'America Loves Smirnoff' and I said to myself, what a country!"
At the grocery store: "Powdered milk, powdered eggs, baby powder ... what a country!"
"The first time I went to a restaurant, they asked me 'How many in your party?' and I said 'Six hundred million'."

(My apologies to Yakov Smirnoff :laughing: )