How to fill a void on rear tire tread

/ How to fill a void on rear tire tread #1  

YLee Kioti

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
20240105_155601.jpg20240105_155540.jpg
I walk around and inspect machine and wow a white dot.
Hm, using two HF picks and removing it, it is a 1 1/4 long tooth, from right rear tire.
Again, wow, what are the odds? After repairing the left rear now the right rear tire.
Well the good news is that it was removed from the R4 elevated tread.
So this did not puncture or compromise tire.
But it now has a large void.

I'd like to find a material, method to fill this void.

All I find on line are flaky outside repairs for flats and one flaky tractor repair of an exterior patch.
So, I'm here.
Cause if anyone has done this and got experience to share, this is the place.

Thanks y'all.

PS if it looks wet, it's cause I used a gas leak detector fluid to see if it was leaking. No bubbles, whew!

/ How to fill a void on rear tire tread #2  
You could clean it up a little bit and stuff some radial tire plugs in there. But, if the hole is pretty shallow, I wouldn't punch it deeper.

/ How to fill a void on rear tire tread #3  
Is that a tooth or fang from rattle snake? I have no clue if snake striking could sink fangs into a tire.

/ How to fill a void on rear tire tread
We have copper heads here, no rattle snakes.
Oh and we have been having hogs rooting around our pecan trees.

/ How to fill a void on rear tire tread
You could clean it up a little bit and stuff some radial tire plugs in there. But, if the hole is pretty shallow, I wouldn't punch it deeper.
Ah-ha there we go.
Yeah i do have some in my kit in the shop.
I'll see if i can get a fresh tube of the glue and stuff it in there. Should bond really well.
See, the obvious escapes me until i ask!
TY....!

/ How to fill a void on rear tire tread #6  
You might try a small reamer burr to clean it up some.

BURR_SC_DOUBLECUT__21241.1434741505.400.525.jpg

/ How to fill a void on rear tire tread #7  
That small hole. I would not worry about it. It will fill with dirt/mud and be like new.

/ How to fill a void on rear tire tread #8  
If you have an old tire laying around scrape or grind some rubber to get a teaspoon full of shavings mix with superglue push mixture into void let sit over night . Best to clean cut first with toothbrush and isopropyl alcohol. Maybe blow it out with compressed Air.

/ How to fill a void on rear tire tread #9  
Get some tire plug glue. Fill the void with the glue and take a small screw driver and pack the void with tire plug material.

/ How to fill a void on rear tire tread #10  
Hm, using two HF picks and removing it, it is a 1 1/4 long tooth, from right rear tire.
Can't help with your tire problem, but FYI, that's a tip from a deer's antler, not a tooth. It's not terribly unusual to get one in a tire, particularly this time of year, since this is when whitetails start dropping their antlers in much of the country.