How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #11  
Since you haven't used it yet, turn it over and give it a good coat of automotive wax. You won't need to wipe it off after it dries as you're not going for looks, but it does help to keep things from sticking. It won't be a cure all, but it will make cleanup a bit easier.

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #12  
Never cut wet grass.

Ralph

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #13  
Mow backwards. That way the grass will fly off your deck and back into your lawn...... PROBLEMO SOLVED....!!!!

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #14  
Mow backwards. That way the grass will fly off your deck and back into your lawn...... PROBLEMO SOLVED....!!!!

I realize that this was probably a joke but my mowers tend to mulch the clippings when going backwards which probably makes the problem worse.

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck
Thanks for all of the input guys. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of making clean up of my mower deck a little easier. I realize that grass is going to build up on the underside of the deck; I can't stop that. I don't like mowing when grass is wet, but sometimes after a lot of rain the grass can be "juicy" even if it isn't wet to the touch. Having an air compressor handy will help me keep the top of the deck cleaned off. :)

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #16  
I'm sure I will get some static from this BUT,,,,,,I use a propane torch and some Sure Jell canning wax. Flip the deck over, heat the metal up until it melts the canning wax when you rub over it. Just make sure to use a Fire Proof glove. This will usually last most of the summer for me - mowing 2.5 - 3 acres of grass/weeds per week.

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #17  
I'm sure I will get some static from this BUT,,,,,,I use a propane torch and some Sure Jell canning wax. Flip the deck over, heat the metal up until it melts the canning wax when you rub over it. Just make sure to use a Fire Proof glove. This will usually last most of the summer for me - mowing 2.5 - 3 acres of grass/weeds per week.
But everyone would be asking how to keep the paint on top from being burned off ! ;) :laughing:

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #18  
Thanks for all of the input guys. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of making clean up of my mower deck a little easier. I realize that grass is going to build up on the underside of the deck; I can't stop that. I don't like mowing when grass is wet, but sometimes after a lot of rain the grass can be "juicy" even if it isn't wet to the touch. Having an air compressor handy will help me keep the top of the deck cleaned off. :)

Get an air blow gun with 2' extension. I have the one from HF and didn't expect it to last, so backed it up with a spare. Still going after several years and easy to reach around equipment to blow dust, debris, chips, dirt, AND grass from under the deck.
Air Blow Gun with 2 ft. Extension

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck
Thanks for the suggestions gonegreen and beenthere. I have never heard of Sure Jell Canning Wax before, and I didn't realize that blow guns could have up to a 2' foot extension. That both sounds like interesting ways to address my issue. :)

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #20  
Sorry, I was incorrect, the stuff I use is called Gulf Wax Household Paraffin Wax. Google it :)