How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #21  
Just a thought but
how about Gravel Guard as used on car rocker panels?

It is very adhesive and being rubbery stones etc will bounce off.

Having a can on hand I did the undersides of my tractor fenders and I like the results. (I have gravel drive and also the road that I drive on is gravel)

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #22  
Not sure how long it would last but I have heard a few farmers use “Slip Plate” to keep grain flowing in combines and different machinery.

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck
gonegreen
Sorry, I was incorrect, the stuff I use is called Gulf Wax Household Paraffin Wax. Google it

Thanks again for the tip.

PILOON
Just a thought but
how about Gravel Guard as used on car rocker panels?

It is very adhesive and being rubbery stones etc will bounce off.

Having a can on hand I did the undersides of my tractor fenders and I like the results. (I have gravel drive and also the road that I drive on is gravel)

Thanks for your advice. Interesting stuff to here about.

BrokeFarmerJohn
Not sure how long it would last but I have heard a few farmers use “Slip Plate” to keep grain flowing in combines and different machinery.

Your advice sounds interesting also. I may have to try one or multiple ideas that you guys have suggested. Thank you sir. :)

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #24  
Air gun? Does this really work? Maybe if you do it right away when it's fresh every time? Or if one has just mowed wet grass.
Every time I flip the deck over (a few times a season) any build up is hard and crusted. Like organic Styrofoam. Or a dried cow patty actually (made from the same material). No air gun is blowing that off. It takes a heavy metal scraper.
Tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe keeping the deck relatively clean is important for the air flow the blades create to lift and cut the grass. I believe this is also true for keeping any air/vent holes open on the top of the deck.

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #25  
Coby
I use the air to blow off the tractor and deck before putting the rig away after every mowing. Takes only a minute or two. Wet grass will blow off.
Don't put it away wet, so there is little to dry and cake on as you describe.
All are encouraged to try the wax or slip slide or whatever, and hope it works for you. Hope all report back if the effort to do it pays off. I don't like removing and flipping that deck over. Hope it works well for you.

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #26  
Hi,

Spray the bottom of the new deck with Maxima SC-1 about two heavy coats. The dirt and grass does not stick to it. Bought a used TC 24DA last fall with a NIB 914A rear discharge MMM and after half a dozen mowings, just a little dust on the underside. Touch up about every two trips and avoid wet grass. I use factory NH/Blount Gator blades which I think also helps to move more air under the deck..

Brian

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #27  
I found I had less build up under the deck when I switched to high lift blades. I also found gator blades made the deck worse as it mulches the grass so much it turns to soup! And I only mow in the afternoons, no morning mowing.

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #28  
Hi,

Spray the bottom of the new deck with Maxima SC-1 about two heavy coats. The dirt and grass does not stick to it. Bought a used TC 24DA last fall with a NIB 914A rear discharge MMM and after half a dozen mowings, just a little dust on the underside. Touch up about every two trips and avoid wet grass. I use factory NH/Blount Gator blades which I think also helps to move more air under the deck..

Brian

I believe Gator blades help with grass build up too. Not a cure all but differently a difference. IMO.

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck
Hi,

sugarloafguy - what is Maxima SC-1? I am not familiar with it.

/ How to keep grass from sticking to the mowing deck #30  
Hi,

Maxima SC-1 is a silicone protectant that is extremely slippery. Use it on my new Polaris RZR 900S and dirt and mud won't stick to plastic trim or painted underbody parts. Your local Polaris ATV dealer should have some and be cheaper than Amazon. Smells like cherry and good for car interior as well. It has been excellent under my 914A MMM deck. Let it dry after application unless on the car dash. There you can pat it dry.

Brian