How to trap a skunk

/ How to trap a skunk #31  
I'm amazed at all the people that live around poisonous snakes that think a skunk must be killed. I work a rotating shift that includes nights. See skunks all summer long while walking outside. Have never had reason to be concerned. Sometimes I make a little extra noise to get their attention then they head in another direction. Other than strong suspicion of rabies I just can't understand harming a skunk. MikeD74T

/ How to trap a skunk #32  
i have always heard that moth balls will run skunks off: don't really know how they could possibly smell them, but they are cheap and spreading a couple boxes around the area "might" cause them to look for sweeter smelling territory?
heehaw

/ How to trap a skunk #33  
Roxynoodle's problem is stated as a skunk in too close proximity, regularly, to her person and buildings:

"I haven't seen it yet but I'm 95% sure there is a skunk in my corncrib. A couple times this week when I went in to get the tractor I smelled skunk."

So, her problem is that one time she may surprise the fellow and get sprayed... thus the need for removal.

/ How to trap a skunk
My problem with the skunk is that not only was it spraying, it tried to spray me and the tractor when I was mowing. A couple years ago I had a skunk for a few weeks and that skunk and I got along fine. It even let me take it's picture, lol! The current skunk was being a little snot though. I sure didn't want to be late to work one morning because I smelled like Pepe Le Peu.

Well, I never did anything. I do believe it has left of it's own accord. I haven't smelled it for 2 weeks now. No storage cabinets being mysteriously opened. The funny part is that I think it left because of the tractor. It sure hated that tractor going in and out of the corncrib. So, ironically, I posted on a tractor forum about how to get rid of it and a tractor caused it to rethink it's living arrangements. If it comes back, I'll let you know, but so far I think it went bye bye.

/ How to trap a skunk #35  
Glad to know status.... and that you are not skunked anymore:eek:

Shucks! I wanted a great story about how you finally got rid of the little critter.... I guess you and the tractor fumigated him from the corn crib:rolleyes:

/ How to trap a skunk
Yep, it was "dieseled"!