How to unload tractor from a pontoon

/ How to unload tractor from a pontoon #41  
What jobs are you going to do with your tractor if you succeed in this?

Could you get your work done with some smaller power equipment--like a Gravely walkbehind?

It is necessary to use your tractor for this?

/ How to unload tractor from a pontoon #42  
I have zero boating experience. However, I have found that if searched correctly, Youtube can be better than Google. Apparently, you are not the first to have this problem. A company advertising on youtube called admiral drive systems has what you are looking for. It is a combination toy hauling street legal trailer, and also quickly converts to a boat capable of carrying up to a 2400 lb vehicle over water and loading and unloading while floating. This first link is to a vid demo of the small atv model, the second is of the largest tandem axle model with the big payload of around 2400. You will either need a smaller tractor, or to take it over in trips, {loader, brush hog, tractor}. Realy cool contraption. Kinda pricey at 15 grand though. YouTube - The Float Trailer Admiral Drive Systems FLOAT TRAILER - FT2066 SPECIFICATIONS

/ How to unload tractor from a pontoon #43  
We had an old Diesel 4X4 entered in the raft races here in OZ . We made a removable frame that had 4x200 litre plastic drums on each side . The wheels hung down into the water about 2 feet and had paddles on them . It could be driven down a boat ramp , accross the river and up the other side . You could have a similar thing held in place with the loader and substitute a little outboard motor for the paddles :D.

/ How to unload tractor from a pontoon #44  
Not a bad idea Iron Horse. It's more stable and also solves the unloading problem. Just need to do the math on buoyancy now.

/ How to unload tractor from a pontoon #45  
I think Iron Horse's idea sounds like a lot of work, but would work. Very creative!

I'd want to make sure the flotation level was above anything that shouldn't get wet... but its basically the tractor version of a DUKW

/ How to unload tractor from a pontoon #46  
Similar to Iron Horse, build a raft platform longer & wider than the tractor. Attach 55 gallon drums above the raft. Load/unload in shallow water with ramps. Raft will get pushed down until the barrels take the load. Will involve some math & a couple of loading attempts but is doable. Hanging from the drums the center of bouyancy is above the center of gravity = greater stability. Must be well anchored for load/unloading. Bouyancy rebound will be less with load below the barrels. When you're done,flip it over for a nice floating dock. MikeD74T

/ How to unload tractor from a pontoon #47  
........... You could have a similar thing held in place with the loader and substitute a little outboard motor for the paddles :D.

Or stick a prop on the PTO shaft. LOL

/ How to unload tractor from a pontoon #48  
If the water is only 3 ft deep, just run an intake extension and drive it underwater. Seems to me the pontoon will sink front down once you anchor near shore, anchor and drive off with some car ramps. How are you going to reload it when its time to return?

/ How to unload tractor from a pontoon #49  
I'd beach the pontoon on the shore with several tires as a pad or landing.

Notwithstanding other concerns mentioned in this thread, which I share, CRBR has a good suggestion here. My take would be slightly different. We used to have a pontoon boat with steel pontoons which required structural assistance when we pulled it up a ramp in the fall.

We took 2 2X6s screwed together with rope sandwiched in between and tied them to each pontoon- that way the bottoms of the pontoons are not harmed. When you get to the beach, move some weight to the back so you can get as close as possible before setting up a ramp to get to shore.

This all assumes the boat/weight/balance issues are not fatal!!!

/ How to unload tractor from a pontoon #50  
I would think if you were creative you could make it "U" shaped with "U" saddles facing up on the arms on the open end . The loader (i can't remember if it's got a loader or not) would have a crossbar held by the bucket . You would back the tractor in and attach the linkage to the pontoon's closed end and lift , lower the bucket so the crossbar dropped into the saddles , slide 2 pins in to lock the crossbar , lift the pontoon and put your sailors cap on :D. And DetroitTom , if it sinks the radiator fan may pull it through the water :D.