how well built are Workmaster 55

/ how well built are Workmaster 55
I have the same opinion about the electronics. My Dually has a lot of electronics and i don't like it. I think simpler is better for me. I work with and around electronics/computers for a living and would rather keep them out of my personal equipments, jmo.

Anybody own a NH T4020? How big of a deal is the tractor having 16.9-22 tires? the 22 seems small to me

/ how well built are Workmaster 55 #23  
Anybody own a NH T4020? How big of a deal is the tractor having 16.9-22 tires? the 22 seems small to me
I have one with 16.9 x 28 that is great. There is an optional 16.9 x 30.
There is no 16.9 x 22 listed in my book for agricultural radials.
Ron

I didn't see the 22's as an option either. Maybe I wrote it down wrong but even at 24 they seem small. I am guessing anything below 28 on this size tractor is most likely truf tires which I am okay with. If it has turf tires I would almost prefer them with my soil type(sandy loam) and the fact that the tractor will be used in my yard on occasion but, I wouldn't pay extra to get them. I really don't like the way they look but, it is all about functionality.

/ how well built are Workmaster 55 #25  
I didn't see the 22's as an option either. Maybe I wrote it down wrong but even at 24 they seem small. I am guessing anything below 28 on this size tractor is most likely truf tires which I am okay with. If it has turf tires I would almost prefer them with my soil type(sandy loam) and the fact that the tractor will be used in my yard on occasion but, I wouldn't pay extra to get them. I really don't like the way they look but, it is all about functionality.

The CNH T4020 at over 7000 pds plus loaded ag radials is no yard machine unless you want a washboard:confused2:

The CNH T4020 at over 7000 pds plus loaded ag radials is no yard machine unless you want a washboard:confused2:

My dually weighs a lot more and it's is currently be used for yard work until i get a FEL. My biggest worry is sprinkler heads the yard can handle the weight.

/ how well built are Workmaster 55 #27  
My dually weighs a lot more and it's is currently be used for yard work until i get a FEL. My biggest worry is sprinkler heads the yard can handle the weight.

The 820 TL with an empty bucket will add another 1600 pounds to the CNH 4020.
I went across the edge of the lawn the first year I had it pulling a Woods 990 finish mower.
The next time the wife went over that spot with her lawn tractor she bounced like a waffle board
so no more 4020 in the yard here. We have a lot of clay compared to your sand loam though.
I would think the front ag tires would dig up your yard like a rotospader when making turns.
It uses about 25 gallon of diesel in 15 hours whether mowing or making hay so it is not an economical
lawn mower.

LOL, when it get to that neither will be in the yard. I occasionally throw some sand in ruts if it is wet when i get on it. I had a delivery truck deliver some furniture and they went off the edge of the circle drive and puts some nice ruts for me to fix but, it was an International box truck around 35' long.

How well do you like your T4020? I think i would like it but, the dealer has to trade for it and i will not be able to test it until it is here. I need to talk to the salesmen because he is suppose to send me a picture of it (i want to make sure it is not one of the poultry or vineyard editions). I am a little concerned about what tire/rims it has but, with a little money that can be fixed. My other option is a John Deere 5055e.

/ how well built are Workmaster 55 #29  
SETexan;2969088 How well do you like your T4020? I think i would like it but said:
I like the 4020. It has the basic instrument panel and 12 speed manual transmission. The 4WD is easy to engage and very smooth.
My wife can always hear where I'm at on my old Ford 3910 by just going out on the porch but the 4020 is so quiet she has to be able to see it moving.
I live in Ohio and it starts instantly in cold weather. It has a heated air intake grid so no glow plugs to mess with. I also made them put in a block heater but only plug it in below zero if I'm going to use the tractor within an hour or so.
The one I have was made in the Jesi, Italy plant. The New Holland FEL for it was made in Sweden.
I drove the John Deere, made in India, too before I made up my mind. Too me the CNH felt better and was made a lot stronger. I didn't like the exposed 4WD drive shaft under the John Deere either.
You should really drive them both before making up your mind.
Ron

/ how well built are Workmaster 55 #30  
My T4020 has 16.9x24 R1. I purchased the tractor used about two months ago. I wish it had the 28 inch wheels so it would fill up the rear fenders, but the smaller wheels have not proved to be a limiting factor yet. The dealer who originally sold the tractor said that it was ordered with the 24's by a gentleman who farmed steep hillsides in Southwest Virginia. It was his opinion that it would be more stable on the hilly terrain.