howes or power service

/ howes or power service
well.. I just fresh dieseled and juced all my trucks with howes and will see how it does.

unlike many of the diesel addatives on the market that all pretty much smell alike.. this one smells different.

non scientific.. but.. :)

/ howes or power service
speaking of wd-40

anyone notice that actually have a wd-40 penetrant out now?

guess even they realized it wasn't worth bird poo for a loosener..

/ howes or power service #13  
I saw that Soundguy! They must have swallowed hard when they started shipping the WD40 Penetrant (the old stuff used to be the mark to measure by: i.e. if it was better than WD40, it could at least be considered a penetrant)!

PS is OK, but is not much of a lubricant, has not proven to be a good dispersant (to me anyway), and will allow diesel to gel even at relatively moderate cold temps (10-20 degrees F). But just like WD40, its found everywhere, so I have some on hand.

Howes has proven to be a better lubricant, and has never left me gelled up.

/ howes or power service
you know.. I think I am sold on howes.

I have now put 265m on my 6.0psd sincce a fillup and howes treatment.

it's been inthe 40's last 3 morning and I've put alot of road mile sand plenty of city miles on her since the treatment.

I am noticing an idle sound difference inthe mornings when cold.

I need to monitor more and recheck fuel econ and miles at next fill up to make sure it is not a psychosomatic feeling of increased preformance since ai changed addatives.. etc.

so.. will know more in another day or 2.

if it pans out.. I may switch over to howes completely when the rest of my PS runs out. especialyl now that tsc carries it.

not many choices around here.

napa / carquest soemtimes have a store brand.. that and power service.. or seafoam that works in diesel.. but that's pretty much a cleaner.. not a lube / deicer/antigell i think.

no stanadyne.. etc..

hope howes works out.

thanks

/ howes or power service #15  
Soundguy said:
you know.. I think I am sold on howes.

I have now put 265m on my 6.0psd sincce a fillup and howes treatment.

it's been inthe 40's last 3 morning and I've put alot of road mile sand plenty of city miles on her since the treatment.

I am noticing an idle sound difference inthe mornings when cold.

I need to monitor more and recheck fuel econ and miles at next fill up to make sure it is not a psychosomatic feeling of increased preformance since ai changed addatives.. etc.

so.. will know more in another day or 2.

if it pans out.. I may switch over to howes completely when the rest of my PS runs out. especialyl now that tsc carries it.

not many choices around here.

napa / carquest soemtimes have a store brand.. that and power service.. or seafoam that works in diesel.. but that's pretty much a cleaner.. not a lube / deicer/antigell i thin
no stanadyne.. etc..

hope howes works out.

thanks

I prefer Howes or Kleen flo, wont touch PS with a 10 foot pole. The two mentioned above have proven themselves up North, so no risk down here in the South.

/ howes or power service #16  
One poster is saying Howes and another is saying Howse. Just wondered which it is as I might try it once my PS runs out.
I did see some Stanadyne yesterday at a local tractor/implement dealer but I held off because I've still got about 3 quarts of PS left in the gallon jug.

/ howes or power service #17  
One poster is saying Howes and another is saying Howse. Just wondered which it is as I might try it once my PS runs out.
I did see some Stanadyne yesterday at a local tractor/implement dealer but I held off because I've still got about 3 quarts of PS left in the gallon jug.

Howes Lubricator

/ howes or power service #18  

Thanks Wm. I'll bookmark that one for future reference. In fact, I discovered I can get it at the local NAPA. Not stocked in store, but I reserved online. Usually our local guys get stuff in the next business day. Sometimes 2 days depending on which warehouse it's at.

/ howes or power service #19  
Howes is mostly what I see used @ Route 67 Truck Stop close to my home. Seems that lots of the big rig boys use it the most. They sell both PSD & Howes. I have been using PSD for quite a while although I just recently bought a bottle of Howes @ TSC, need to give it a try, PSD bottle almost empty.
DevilDog

/ howes or power service #20  
I'm a Stanadyne guy.

That said, I know people that have used Howes and liked it. Can't say I've ever come across anybody saying something bad about Howes.

Howes does seem to be well stocked in most of the Canadian truck stops that I've been in.

Rgds, D.

Last edited: