howes or power service

/ howes or power service #21  
our local tsc just started carrying howes.

anyone use that and power service and can compair the two?

Disclaimer.....just my own experience. I used to use Power Service exclusively in my big trucks and my 6.0 Powerstroke. Never ever had a gell or freezing problem. But one summer while on my way to Indiana in my F-350 the check engine light came on and it started running rough. I had Power Service in it at the time. I stopped at the Ford dealer in Sturgis Mi. and they scanned and told me I had two dead injectors, but they could not get it in. Told me I was safe to drive it home. So I stopped for fuel and they only had Howes. I dumped some in and drove for no more than 15 minutes and the check engine light went out and it ran like a top.
I now only use Howes.
And as an added bonus, I get it cheaper at my big truck dealer and Howes always gives you swag when you send in your bar codes.
Only other fuel conditioner I've used that made the biggest difference in power is the Caterpillar branded stuff. But it is expensive.

/ howes or power service #22  
Good posts, Guys!
I think I'm going to try Howe's!

/ howes or power service
swag? barcode?

/ howes or power service #24  
Bought some Howes today.

Attachments

• Howes.jpg
    Howes.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 143
   / howes or power service #25  
swag? barcode?

Save the bar codes and the peel and win stickers off every bottle and you can redeem them for merchandise. They offer different stuff all the time, from duffel bags to gloves, toys, shirts, hats, etc. They always advertise in all the trucking trade magazines with the stuff they are offering that month. It is also all listed on their web site that Will provided the link to.
They also make a very good multi purpose lubricant/penetrating fluid. They gave me a can to try at the last truck show and I like it.

/ howes or power service
neat... din't know. never been able to buy it here before...

/ howes or power service
i run ps year round now.. so won't be a stretch to run howes.

with this new ULSD I'm worried about lube.

come to think of it. I didn't even read the howes bottle all the way?

what's it's main deal?

inj clenaer?

anti gel?

cetain?

lube?

stabilizer?

it cover all those?

it smells alot better ( very important .. especially if you get it allover the truck and engine.. :) )

it's not priced out of thois world either..

after the next fill up I'll see if it made a economy difference.

i swear the engine sounds different at cold idle ( no change at throttle or hot idle ).

will see..

so far, it's not turned me off any.. so it's in the running....

/ howes or power service #29  
Interesting. I'm all set for this year, been using PS because the local highway department uses it. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't switch.

/ howes or power service #30  
Yes, it will cover all of below.

Howes Lubricator

I also love the smell. No rush to wash it off my hands either. I linked the stuff that I use.

i run ps year round now.. so won't be a stretch to run howes.

with this new ULSD I'm worried about lube.

come to think of it. I didn't even read the howes bottle all the way?

what's it's main deal?

inj clenaer?

anti gel?

cetain?

lube?

stabilizer?

it cover all those?

it smells alot better ( very important .. especially if you get it allover the truck and engine.. :) )

it's not priced out of thois world either..

after the next fill up I'll see if it made a economy difference.

i swear the engine sounds different at cold idle ( no change at throttle or hot idle ).

will see..

so far, it's not turned me off any.. so it's in the running....