Hydraulic disconnect is stuck..help!

/ Hydraulic disconnect is stuck..help!
Thanks Peter. Good idea...I was able to use clamps to temporarily straighten out the plate and get it off. It's quite mangled, so looks like I'll be trying to order a new one. At least it's off. With the use of the clamps, I may even be able to use it on my other implements until I get the new one.

/ Hydraulic disconnect is stuck..help! #22  
Thanks Peter. Good idea...I was able to use clamps to temporarily straighten out the plate and get it off. It's quite mangled, so looks like I'll be trying to order a new one. At least it's off. With the use of the clamps, I may even be able to use it on my other implements until I get the new one.

Glad you were able to remove it. Can you post a photo of it? Just curious.

/ Hydraulic disconnect is stuck..help!
I'll post a photo when I get a chance. Unfortunately, that may not be until tomorrow evening as I won't be home until very late tonight.

/ Hydraulic disconnect is stuck..help! #24  
Homebrew,

You never did tell me if the QA cyl went into relief, and therefore was exerting the full force on the cyl rod.

The reason I ask is that if your cyl is a 1 in cyl, and 1/2 in rod, at 3000 psi, that cyl should exert a pressure of 2300 lbs in the extend mode, and 1700 lbs in the retract mode.

Does your three spool valve work well in other functions?

It puzzles me that the cyl could not pull or push past the lugs.

The only way I can see that the hyd would not work is that if the mechanical force, as in a bent plate might put enough force of steel on steel to overcome the pull or push of the cyl.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic disconnect is stuck..help! #25  
I'm glad you were able to get it off!

I know that other folks have beefed up various PT attachments to meet their needs. Without knowing how yours got warped, it is hard to comment, but you might want to consider having a local welder press it flat, and then reinforce it to help prevent future warping.

Then again, there may have been something structurally wrong with the original, and a replacement plate from PT will put it to rest. It wouldn't be the first time that a piece of plate steel had a defect in it.

Personally, I wouldn't want to use it any more than I had to until it is fixed. I would be concerned that the warped plate will press on the other QA receivers on your attachments and warp them... I don't think that any of the steel is hardened, so it is pretty malleable.

Good luck.

All the best,

Peter

/ Hydraulic disconnect is stuck..help! #26  

This has happened to me. I finally figured the reason for my bent quick attach plate. I have the mini hoe and when attaching it to the quick attach plate you need to shut off the engine to get the hoses put into place. I noticed that at times the quick attach lugs would not fully seat in the locked position as I would put the plate on the ground. First time putting force on the bucket would pull the lug out of the locked position and bend the plate.
PJ

/ Hydraulic disconnect is stuck..help! #27  
pajoube,

Hello, Haven't seen you posting for a while. What have you been up to. Working hard I suspect.

/ Hydraulic disconnect is stuck..help! #28  
pajoube,

Hello, Haven't seen you posting for a while. What have you been up to. Working hard I suspect.

Thank You J.J.

Yes, summers are none stop. Put in a 30 by 48 green house, new roof (hail damage), finished painting the outside, and still teach middle school and high school woodworking (volunteer).
Our home, yard and landscaping have been featured in a number of University Horticulture publications this past three months so had to keep up with the weeding and mowing. Taking classes at the University Horticulture Level 3 Master Gardener Program.
Tractor time has been high with all these projects along with winter plowing all the old peoples driveways. I should be in that category pretty soon.
Now I need fall and winter to let me relax and read more.
PJ

/ Hydraulic disconnect is stuck..help! #30  
Pj. You have pix of your greenhous? I am going to build one for the wife and looking for ideas.