Hydraulic disconnect is stuck..help!

/ Hydraulic disconnect is stuck..help! #41  
You know, I'm still not entirely sure. I think it may be related to the box blade I bought.
I bought a nice heavy-duty 3pt hitch box blade. Not sure how heavy it is, but it takes all my strength to slide it, let alone pick it up. I had a 3 pt hitch adapter made. The blade has been used very little, but maybe the pulling action caused the bend. The PT seems to have little trouble lifting it, but given the adapter and then the box blade, there sure is quite a bit of weight hanging way out there. If the box got torqued such that the PT arms sort of twisted a little, I could see the plate getting bent this way.

The other possibility is that I did lend the machine and minihoe to a friend. I'm relatively certain that I've never not gotten the pins seated correctly before use, but perhaps my friend didn't. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned this caused a bend.

I do seem to remember having a little trouble getting the pins to drop when I switched to the mower deck, but nothing too bad. I find it hard to believe I could have bent it with the mower on.

Several times I've had a small piece of debris sitting on the attachment side of the QA that prevented the tractor side from seating all the way on the bottom. When I go to engage the QA lock, I've noticed the pins not going all the way in. I tend to cycle them a couple times and then back away from the attachment and inspect. That's when I find the debris. Usually a piece of mulch or a rock or stone.

So I could see where not engaging the locking pins correctly might lead to problems down the road.

And, of course, I've also completely missed the bottom of the QA, it looked like the pins were in and driven off only to lose my implement moments later! :laughing:

/ Hydraulic disconnect is stuck..help! #42  
Pj. You have pix of your greenhous? I am going to build one for the wife and looking for ideas.

Sorry this is so late in coming. I posted "Building a Greenhouse" in the projects forum a few minutes ago. Hope this will give you some ideas.
PJ