Hydraulic fittings are driving me crazy!

/ Hydraulic fittings are driving me crazy! #21  
If you have a Fastenal store in town make sure to stop in and get a catalog. It's a huge catalog like Grainger or McMaster Carr. The stores only have a small portion of what they actually carry.

Brass screen. Check the 100 mesh at the bottom of the page. Brass wire mesh data, prices,helpful information

/ Hydraulic fittings are driving me crazy! #22  
the last item.. 100squares per inch would be great.. too bad they only sell 36' by 3' rolls!

I'll have to check mcmaster car.

I used to get the stuff from specialy vendors at tractor shows.. like the guy's still selling cloth coated wire..e tc... unfortunately.. you see less and less of those guys every year... hopefully I'm going to a show 1st of march.. and hopefully some of those guys will be there.. if so.. I'm going to get of fmy hands and stock up on some stuff I'll be needing the next year for my antique tractors..e tc.

thanks for the link.

on fastenal.. our company got an account htere.. and yeah.. the catalog is nice.. like a sears catalog.

soundguy

/ Hydraulic fittings are driving me crazy! #23  
Ok, try number 2. Don't know why I didn't pull their catalog off the shelf in the first place. Industrial Supply Equipment from MSC Industrial Supply has what you need. They have screen in copper, brass or bronze. They sell it in 12 x 12 inch squares or by the foot x 36 inch wide. When you get to their site just type in the type metal and "wire cloth" to bring up the results. They have copper in up to 100 x 100 mesh, bronze in up to 200 x 200 mesh and brass in up to 100 x 100 mesh.

/ Hydraulic fittings are driving me crazy! #24  
Thanks! for the info.

Don't know whY I didn't think about MSC.

soundguy

/ Hydraulic fittings are driving me crazy!
Thanks for all the help. I think I'm fairly clear now on what I need and what will work.

/ Hydraulic fittings are driving me crazy! #26  
Fastenal is a dirtbag company. They came into my backyard, my accounts, and undercut the crap out of me. They sell for just about cost to get the accounts and drive the small guy out of business. Not that my prices were too high, they definately weren't, but I have to eat too. What happens when they drive the small guy out of business? Up go the prices.

/ Hydraulic fittings are driving me crazy! #27  
Does the fastenal near you make hoses and do hyd repairs? Ours doesn't.. only sells wholegoods.. e tc.

soundguy

/ Hydraulic fittings are driving me crazy! #28  
Does the fastenal near you make hoses and do hyd repairs? Ours doesn't.. only sells wholegoods.. e tc.

soundguy

I don't know if they make hoses but they go in and try to sell crimp fittings and reels of hose.

/ Hydraulic fittings are driving me crazy! #29  
Do they also sell the tools to roll crimp the hoses.. or are the people then bringing the 'bulk' parts in to you and asking you to assemble them? Otherwise hoses and ends aren't too much good to the average joe with no way to assemble them I would think.

soundguy

/ Hydraulic fittings are driving me crazy! #30  
Most of these places have their own machine to crimp hose ends. I believe they do also sell the tooling.