Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #41  
Sure it exist, its finding them for sale is the hard part.:laughing: They have all kinds of neat stuff if you look.;)

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #42  
where do you find them? I could not find any NPTF bulkheads that would be NTPF female on one end and NTPF male on the other

That's an unusual requirement. Generally you find them with flare on at least one end. This is because they mount rigidly. Something needs to be free to rotate during tightening.

ac

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #44  
That's an unusual requirement. Generally you find them with flare on at least one end. This is because they mount rigidly. Something needs to be free to rotate during tightening.

ac

And that is because you have a nut to tighten up the fitting, and you will not find that with NPT at both ends. ;)

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None.
DSCF0520.JPGDSCF0524.JPGDSCF0525.JPGDSCF0527.JPGDSCF0528.JPG

Well this is what I did. I fabricated some copper washers out of #10 wire. TIG'ed them shut and mounted them. Yes having a TIG welder is nice, thank you. They don't seem to leak, and they are now solid. I think I am done.. I will let you know if any problems develop. Thanks for the advice and comments

James K0UA

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #46  
And that is because you have a nut to tighten up the fitting, and you will not find that with NPT at both ends. ;)

When you start from the beginning with the right plan it really isn't a big deal. Male NPT on one end fits to the quick disconnects and male flare on the other fits to the standard female flare hose sets quite perfectly.

ac

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #47  

Agreed!

I prefer to stay away from NPT fittings if at all possible.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #48  
When you start from the beginning with the right plan it really isn't a big deal. Male NPT on one end fits to the quick disconnects and male flare on the other fits to the standard female flare hose sets quite perfectly.

ac

With ANY bulk head fitting, you still have the extra long fitting. :( There are times when that extra long fitting doesn't work out the best. I agree that the bulk head fittings are the way to go when the situation fits. They are not ALWAYS the best solution IMO. ;)

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #49  
Another thing to consider when you're looking at NPTF vs. JIC flare connections. Hoses are designed to be replaced. A hose wears out or gets damaged, and then you remove it and put new hose in its place. This means you are guaranteed to be connecting threads, disconnecting them, and reconnecting them, several times over the life of your equipment. NPTF threads are deformed every time you tighten them. Repeated connecting and disconnecting will only make them more deformed. You have to tighten it more each time, and add more thread sealant to keep getting a tight seal after repeated connections. This affects not only the thread on the hose, but also the threaded ports on your cylinders, pumps and valves.

Straight threads, like JIC flare, don't suffer from this problem. You can connect and disconnect many times without any significant thread deterioration. Adapting your NPTF ports to JIC flare connections can extend the life of your more expensive components by preventing thread damage to the ports.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #50  
Another thing to consider when you're looking at NPTF vs. JIC flare connections. Hoses are designed to be replaced. A hose wears out or gets damaged, and then you remove it and put new hose in its place. This means you are guaranteed to be connecting threads, disconnecting them, and reconnecting them, several times over the life of your equipment. NPTF threads are deformed every time you tighten them. Repeated connecting and disconnecting will only make them more deformed. You have to tighten it more each time, and add more thread sealant to keep getting a tight seal after repeated connections. This affects not only the thread on the hose, but also the threaded ports on your cylinders, pumps and valves.

Straight threads, like JIC flare, don't suffer from this problem. You can connect and disconnect many times without any significant thread deterioration. Adapting your NPTF ports to JIC flare connections can extend the life of your more expensive components by preventing thread damage to the ports.

Ken, while what you have said is all true, in the real world, how often does a hose really need to be changed? We have a 1984 Case Backhoe pushing 8000hours of use. It has lived outside it's entire life. It has had 1 hose replaced and only now are a few others starting to seep. So even with NPT, my thinking is that most people are fine using NPT ends and fittings.

I don't want people to get the wrong idea, I use ORB and JIC fittings as much as I can, but things aren't going to fail or even seep just because a person uses NPT ends and fittings. Properly installed, a person should be good to go for many years. ;)