Hydro fun…. NOT!

/ Hydro fun…. NOT! #21  
What did you use for the “tube”?

I need to do that…
But I do have a cab, and will keep a couple things in the cab..
I only keep 2 items in m y cab when out in the field, my cooler with drinks and food and my 45 Kimber, loaded of course. Used to carry my Ruger Ranch Rifle behind the seat but as of late, just the Kimber.

/ Hydro fun…. NOT! #22  
What did you use for the “tube”?

I need to do that…
But I do have a cab, and will keep a couple things in the cab..
4" SCH 20 PVC pipe with end caps. Fits in most Kubota cross tubes but the caps may require some sanding. Here's my post on how to make it:

/ Hydro fun…. NOT!
I only keep 2 items in m y cab when out in the field, my cooler with drinks and food and my 45 Kimber, loaded of course. Used to carry my Ruger Ranch Rifle behind the seat but as of late, just the Kimber.
Yea. I moved to an AR-10 due to bears… I walked up on momma and cubs a couple years ago while stretching outside the cab….

/ Hydro fun…. NOT! #24  
   / Hydro fun…. NOT! #25  
if your attachments are all male fittings just wrap a rag around the QD fitting and press it against anything hard. that should relieve the pressure. tractor side shouldn't be a problem, actuate the valve with the engine off, Key on if electronically controlled (ie. third function) and pressure should be relieved

/ Hydro fun…. NOT! #26  
While you're explaining, what keeps the tool holder slid into the tube and "closed" when not needed? I don't see how it latches or fastens closed. Thanks.
The tube ends are a good fit and seal inside the tube. It keeps out water & dirt so the PVC pipe doesn't need a cover. I used a piece of stainless cable and a carabiner around the FELL frame as a safety strap but the PVC tube has never come loose on it's own. It's a friction fit and just needs a tug to extract. The U bolt makes a good removal handle.

Messicks sells a similar product:

/ Hydro fun…. NOT! #27  
The tube ends are a good fit and seal inside the tube. It keeps out water & dirt so the PVC pipe doesn't need a cover. I used a piece of stainless cable and a carabiner around the FELL frame as a safety strap but the PVC tube has never come loose on it's own. It's a friction fit and just needs a tug to extract.

Messicks sells a similar product:

Got it. Also saw your description above. Very helpful. Thanks!

/ Hydro fun…. NOT! #28  
Got it. Also saw your description above. Very helpful. Thanks!
If you use these in the cross tube behind the FEL bucket, be aware that items will move around inside the container as the FEL arms raise & lower. Not a problem for solid items like chain or a top link, but caution should be used for more fragile items or containers of liquid.