Oil & Fuel hydro oil

/ hydro oil #11  
That must be for a 5-gallon pail. If that's for a gallon, it's overpriced. You can get better hydro-oil for less money.

/ hydro oil #12  
Looking back at my old invoice That’s a price for a 5 gallon pail.

/ hydro oil
Yes 5 gallon pail,sorry

/ hydro oil #15  
Hydraulic Oil - HELP!

Hello to all...

I have to admit I lack very much knowledge about oils... but here's my problem.

I went to the Kioti Dealer about 50 miles away. Bought all the filters. They told me NOT to go to Tractor Supply for Hydraulic Oil as it was low end and could cause problems with the seals. They recommended that I go to NAPA. So off to NAPA I went and showed them my manual. They didn't have the oil listed and called corporate to cross reference the number. I purchased 2ea 5 gallons pails of Coastal Full Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic Fluid for use in applications calling for JDM J20D specs. This fluid was manufactured by Warren Unilube Inc with a product code of 87105. This all took place last fall. The tractor has been stored in my barn and has not been washed or exposed to rain. I started using the tractor this spring and after maybe 10 hours I feel a slight "chattering" in my steering as well as slightly more drag when steering.

I called KIOTI in NC to find out if the oil I used was acceptable, hoping the dealer didn't steer me wrong. I spoke to a young lady that said she wasn't familiar with the oil I purchased and that she would email me a list of acceptable fluids. When I received her email she had written, and I quote... "Any UTF (Universal Tractor Fluid) good for hydraulic systems is fine to use in your unit." In our conversation she suggested that I contact the dealer again and perhaps "Send them a video of the problem." How the h*** do you video a "feel"?

So I called the dealer again, told them the whole story. They were VERY anxious to get me off the phone. They did tell me that I either had water in my hydraulic system or I was using the wrong oil... that their "Premium Hydraulic Oil" would NOT do that. Then why did they tell me to go to NAPA?? He asked me how many hours on my CK30HST and I told him 540. They said the "chattering" was due to the pressure being low and that he "guaranteed" that it was a fluid problem.

One final note... I have checked the level of the fluid and it seems fine, not over or under.

So... Long Story, hopefully Short Answers... Does ANYONE have any idea what is going on here? Has ANYONE experienced this "chattering" issue? And, if so, any suggestions?

Last edited:
   / hydro oil #16  
I was able to buy Mobil 424 from the local oil distributor for $39 a 5 gallon pail (bought 20 gallons which will be good for a change and topping off). Kioti hydraulic oil specs are pretty specific because of the wet brakes and clutch. Cheap 303 can cause premature wear and swelling on the wear surfaces.

/ hydro oil
Turn the wheel all the way both sides and that air will come out..Bubba
Keep going back n forth a few times

You have air in the system

/ hydro oil #18  
Been using Travelers Premium from TSC for a few years in both my tractors with no issues. I wouldn't run the low cost "universal" in any modern equipment.

/ hydro oil #19  
CK 30's always chatter a bit when steering it is just the way the cylinders and front end is set up. Has nothing to do with your fluid. Just make sure all your joints are greased and it should be fine. I have 300 hrs on mine and it does it off and on depending on the conditions. Happens more with a full bucket on gravel and when your not moving, most load on the steering cylinders.

/ hydro oil #20  
Turn the wheel all the way both sides and that air will come out..Bubba
Keep going back n forth a few times

You have air in the system

First, THANK YOU for your reply.

I have used the tractor for AT LEAST 10 hours since spring and making a lot of tight turns. It only seems to get ever so slightly worse. However, I'll try the left/right turns a few times to see if it makes any difference.