Oil & Fuel hydro oil

/ hydro oil #21  
Been using Travelers Premium from TSC for a few years in both my tractors with no issues. I wouldn't run the low cost "universal" in any modern equipment.

Thanks JD855Guy for the tip.

A good friend of mine has had his CK25 for 10 years and has ALWAYS used the TSC brand with no issues either. I find it interesting that the Kioti Dealer told me not to run TSC and go to NAPA. Then I get the cross-referenced NAPA brand which is a "Universal" and now having the problems. Maybe you've hit on something here.

/ hydro oil #22  
CK 30's always chatter a bit when steering it is just the way the cylinders and front end is set up. Has nothing to do with your fluid. Just make sure all your joints are greased and it should be fine. I have 300 hrs on mine and it does it off and on depending on the conditions. Happens more with a full bucket on gravel and when your not moving, most load on the steering cylinders.

Thanks for the reply jabelding...

Your comment and/or experience is interesting. My CK30HST is now 12 years old with 540 hours on it. It has never had this "chattering" in the steering UNTIL I did major maintenance on it, changing all filters, fluids, greasing, etc. last fall. Used it for some snow a couple times over the winter. Thought I noticed it chattering a bit then. Took it out in the spring and yes, noticed it for sure. This ALL took place after I did the hydro change. Is this something you're experiencing yourself or have been told?

I did my own maintenance as 3 "fairly" local dealerships have gone belly up. At one point I had another dealer who offered onsite service come down to do my maintenance. Now he's gone too. So I have had to resort to doing it myself which is no problem but now I have a problem I never had before. Kioti Dealers around here are few and far between.

I know that Bobcat's tractors were actually Kioti so I went to the Bobcat site and now it seems even they don't sell them any longer. These are NOT GOOD SIGNS.

/ hydro oil #23  
Warren oil manufactures the New Holland brand oils. I traced that down a few years ago, not a bad oil, but not a great oil. Sort of a middle of the road oil. I installed the Amsoil fully synthetic universal tractor hydraulic transmission oil in my New Holland and have had absolutely no issues with it. I also believe that the Kubota fully synthetic oil is a great product also. I would run your Kioti around a bit, allow the oil to warm up and see if it clears itself of air and the chatter you are experiencing. I also have used quite a bit of the Tractor Supply Traveler oil in my TLB without any problems what so ever also. I think it a fine middle of the road oil also.

/ hydro oil #24  
Thanks for the reply jabelding...

Your comment and/or experience is interesting. My CK30HST is now 12 years old with 540 hours on it. It has never had this "chattering" in the steering UNTIL I did major maintenance on it, changing all filters, fluids, greasing, etc. last fall. Used it for some snow a couple times over the winter. Thought I noticed it chattering a bit then. Took it out in the spring and yes, noticed it for sure. This ALL took place after I did the hydro change. Is this something you're experiencing yourself or have been told?

I did my own maintenance as 3 "fairly" local dealerships have gone belly up. At one point I had another dealer who offered onsite service come down to do my maintenance. Now he's gone too. So I have had to resort to doing it myself which is no problem but now I have a problem I never had before. Kioti Dealers around here are few and far between.

I know that Bobcat's tractors were actually Kioti so I went to the Bobcat site and now it seems even they don't sell them any longer. These are NOT GOOD SIGNS.

Mine has done it since new it is just sticktion in the steering cylinders. The cylinders only push out, the return to retract the opposite cylinder has to go through both wheel knuckles and the tierod across the front. The sticktion just sets up a resonance in the system and is not an issue. once the system breaks in more it will eventually stop doing it.

Bobcat wanted to get out of the small tractor market nothing to do with Kioti.

/ hydro oil #25  
Warren oil manufactures the New Holland brand oils. I traced that down a few years ago, not a bad oil, but not a great oil. Sort of a middle of the road oil. I installed the Amsoil fully synthetic universal tractor hydraulic transmission oil in my New Holland and have had absolutely no issues with it. I also believe that the Kubota fully synthetic oil is a great product also. I would run your Kioti around a bit, allow the oil to warm up and see if it clears itself of air and the chatter you are experiencing. I also have used quite a bit of the Tractor Supply Traveler oil in my TLB without any problems what so ever also. I think it a fine middle of the road oil also.

After I spoke to Kioti directlly I received this email:

-------
Per our phone conversation from earlier today, any UTF (Universal Tractor Fluid) good for hydraulic systems is fine to use in your unit. Please see below list of potential transmission oil suppliers and names you may use:

KIOTI UTF Hydraulic Oil
Exxon Hydraul 500
Exxon Torque Fluid 56
Pennzoil Hydra Tranz
Mobilfluid 424
BP TracTran UTH
Shell Donax TD
Citgo Mystik JT-5 Universal
Texaco TDH Oil
-------

Any comments (from anyone) on the listed oils?

/ hydro oil #27  
And the Shell Donax on that list has been replaced by Shell Spirax. That is what I used on my 50 hour and it was crazy expensive. I will go with TSC premium the next change. MY tractor is a gear model anyway.

/ hydro oil #28  
And the Shell Donax on that list has been replaced by Shell Spirax. That is what I used on my 50 hour and it was crazy expensive. I will go with TSC premium the next change. MY tractor is a gear model anyway.

Now doesn't that show just how much on the ball the Kioti Customer Service is?

/ hydro oil #29  
You can tell a lot about a dealer by how quick they are to blame your problem on some lubricant that you didn't buy from them. :thumbdown:

/ hydro oil #30  
So the Shell upgrade to Spirax is pretty steep but here is what amazon recommended per my searches.

Amazon.com: MOBIL FLUID 424 High Performance Tractor Hydraulic Fluid - 5 Gal Pail: Automotive

if you can find it for less the 93 bucks sweet....!

Amazon.com: Duragard Synthetic Blend Universal Hydraulic Tractor Fluid - 5 Gallon Pail: Automotive

Duraguard oil is the retailer. Looking at the specs of this synthetic blend it says it meets Kubot UDT and SUDT specs.

My dealer uses another distributor name brand and I cringe at start ups. The FEL or 3ph seem to stutter for lack of a better word upon start up. It gets a bit smoother after warm up but good grief it's 100* out here WTH kind of off brand UTF is this stuff????

Sigh....anyways I'm at 120 hours and plan to do the full filters and fluid flush at 200 hours. I can't stand it Would like to use amsoil again but not at that rate! and 12 gallons to boot.

Anyways hope this helps your venture to find a suitable fluid. BTW, NC office has never replied to emails when asking any questions. So I bother my dealer and only when I have no choice. You folks here are so knowledgeable that I get the majority of help here.

On edit: which ISO standard do we use? 46 or 68?
Cause those are the specs on TSC fluids not API.

I tried looking for a simple answer but heh yeah ...and I'm not a triboligist so all the chemistry gobbly-gook went over my head....

Last edited: