Oil & Fuel hydro oil

/ hydro oil #31  
My dealer (back in 2009) said any premium UTF should be OK. I have a gear transmission; maybe hydrostat models are more picky? I think the key is to be sure the oil is rated for wet brakes especially because DKs also have wet PTO and 4WD clutches. Multi viscosity is a good thing too. I wouldn't use the cheap 303 stuff at Tractor Supply but their Premium UTF should be fine. By the way, as I recall, there is much more information on the actual containers than on the web site. When I last changed mine, I found two pails Spirax at a local Walmart but haven't seen it there since.

Last edited:
   / hydro oil #32  
My dealer had the Chevron THF1000. Seems to be good stuff. Hydro runs a little quieter. If you call chevron they can put you in touch with a local rep. I paid about $75 for 5 gals. I will get a little chatter from my power steering if I have a very heavy bucket of material and make a sharp turn.

/ hydro oil #33  
Re: Hydraulic Oil - HELP!

I went to the Kioti Dealer about 50 miles away. Bought all the filters. They told me NOT to go to Tractor Supply for Hydraulic Oil as it was low end and could cause problems with the seals. They recommended that I go to NAPA. So off to NAPA I went and showed them my manual. They didn't have the oil listed and called corporate to cross reference the number. I purchased 2ea 5 gallons pails of Coastal Full Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic Fluid for use in applications calling for JDM J20D specs. This fluid was manufactured by Warren Unilube Inc with a product code of 87105. This all took place last fall. The tractor has been stored in my barn and has not been washed or exposed to rain. I started using the tractor this spring and after maybe 10 hours I feel a slight "chattering" in my steering as well as slightly more drag when steering.
I find your post interesting because I went to my Mahindra dealer to buy some oil and was planning to buy the Mahindra brand oil for my HST but the dealer had a pallet of Warren Oil sitting there next to the Mahindra oil. It was obviously less expensive and he was adamant that it was good to use in the Mahindra HST even saying that he uses it for all the service work they do in their shop and they've been using it for well over 5 years without any problems whatsoever. He did say NEVER to use the TSC oil.

This one doesn't say it is full synthetic but here's a picture of the oil I bought. Also a picture of the MSDS I found online for the Mahindra oil that is also manufactured by Warren Oil.

Oil.jpgOil - Mahindra.jpg