Hydro Static Transmissions ??

/ Hydro Static Transmissions ?? #21  
Everything you wanted to know about HST+ but were afraid to ask:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzO_-LCd838]Kubota HST-Plus Transmission - YouTube[/ame]

James K0UA
Thanks for posting. The video was very informative and I learned quite a bit. Thanks again.

/ Hydro Static Transmissions ?? #22  
Your welcome:thumbsup:

James K0UA

/ Hydro Static Transmissions ?? #23  
I learned quite a lot from the video also, KOua, thanks for posting it. Some very innovative features there.

But I'm kinda old school, more electronics usually mean more headaches somewhere down the road(you know what I'm sayin).:)

/ Hydro Static Transmissions ?? #24  
I'm trying to figure out your point. The man asked a question to get an answer. Are you making fun of him? Maybe not, but it seems like it. By the way, I don't know what a swatch plate is either.

I was not trying to make fun, just saying using technical terms with someone who has no knowlage on the subject will not help them to understand.

/ Hydro Static Transmissions ?? #25  
You are here with us, comparing helicopters to kubota trannys..............maybe, just maybe............you is nuts:shocked::shocked::laughing::laughing:

But maybe ifn' you trade in that JD750 for the 'Bota............you can fly over and visit some folks:)

EDIT: This was too easy............I couldn't resist. Please forgive me.

You are forgiven, but just this once:mad::mad::laughing::laughing:

having a HST tranny with a swash plate in it wont make your Kubota fly like a Helo, but it is interesting that they both have swash plates in them. and If you have ever looked at a helicopter rotor it is a thing of beauty. Now what kinda of a genius/maniac sits down and designs such a thing is beyond me, but it is interesting.

James K0UA

/ Hydro Static Transmissions ?? #26  
You are forgiven, but just this once:mad::mad::laughing::laughing:

having a HST tranny with a swash plate in it wont make your Kubota fly like a Helo, but it is interesting that they both have swash plates in them. and If you have ever looked at a helicopter rotor it is a thing of beauty. Now what kinda of a genius/maniac sits down and designs such a thing is beyond me, but it is interesting.

James K0UA

Or how about trying to fly something like that for the first time. Igor Sikorsky did all the early test flights.