I AM IMPRESSED

/ I AM IMPRESSED #31  
Diamond mentioned that GM only used 3.73 gears in there trucks. Not true as I'm running a 2004 2500HD with 4.10's. I have 2 friends that are running 1 ton's with 4.10's. Now if you're referring to a 1/2 ton then yes they do put 3.73's in those models. As far as power it boils down to what works for you.

Yes, Gm does offer 4.10's.

At 365/650, the current dmax ally combo has the grunt that a 4.10 rear isn't really needed anymore.
These trucks have so much torque, combined with 6 forward gears, 5 of which lockup (unlike the competition) and a reverse gear that's very low and you don't really have the need for 4.10's that much anymore.

/ I AM IMPRESSED #32  

At 365/650, the current dmax ally combo has the grunt that a 4.10 rear isn't really needed anymore.
These trucks have so much torque, combined with 6 forward gears, 5 of which lockup (unlike the competition) and a reverse gear that's very low and you don't really have the need for 4.10's that much anymore.

Too bad they all dropped so badly on fuel economy...! The "coke off" re-burn chamber is a sad state of affairs - IMO.

My '03 has a few years left in it; and I can wait for the engineers to get back on track with newer diesel designs that will allow consistent, 20+mpg highway mileage (once again..).

AKfish

/ I AM IMPRESSED #33  
Too bad they all dropped so badly on fuel economy...! The "coke off" re-burn chamber is a sad state of affairs - IMO.

My '03 has a few years left in it; and I can wait for the engineers to get back on track with newer diesel designs that will allow consistent, 20+mpg highway mileage (once again..).

AKfish

If you think it's bad now most will be blowing urea into them to take emissions down even lower in '010!! :rolleyes:

/ I AM IMPRESSED #34  
It will be interesting to see how much the urea additive will add to the cost of service...

I understand that the urea will need to be replenished at specific service intervals...

I'm just not sure when that interval will be or how much the cost will be...

I guess that I will just have to keep my pitiful old 7.3 another 10 years or so...lol

/ I AM IMPRESSED #35  

Hope that makes you feel better.;)

Chris

/ I AM IMPRESSED #36  
AKfish

Unlikely, more of a chance that they regulate these domestic diesels out of existence. unless your waiting for a 4 cylinder Isuzu :(

If you think it's bad now most will be blowing urea into them to take emissions down even lower in '010!! :rolleyes:

I thought the 08 and up Dodge pick ups with 6.7 and blue tech engineering/programing already have Urea injection to meet 2010 emissions? I have an 07 6.7 in cab/chassis that does not meet 2010 emissions standards.

JB.

/ I AM IMPRESSED #39  
I thought the 08 and up Dodge pick ups with 6.7 and blue tech engineering/programing already have Urea injection to meet 2010 emissions? I have an 07 6.7 in cab/chassis that does not meet 2010 emissions standards.

JB.

All the 6.7 engines that have been put in the Dodge trucks are already 2010 compliant. They don't use urea injection at the moment but it's been mentioned that by 2010 they will use it.

/ I AM IMPRESSED #40  
Definately does.

3.73's get better fuel mileage. I wouldn't touch 4.10's unless I towed almost everyday for a living.

I only tow once a week, not nearly as frequently as you. ;)

I don't own any 4.10 trucks either, all 3.73's. Then next 1/2 ton will probably have 4.10's because that is the only way I can get it with the options I want but like you said its really not needed. Just taking a stab at you GMies.

Chris