I figured a few here would get a kick out if this.

/ I figured a few here would get a kick out if this. #22  
Sorry I don't really see anything wrond with it.

They are sayings its bad because that grain cart is not rated close to anything near 65 mph. The axles, bearings, tires are all not designed for that kind of speed and its a major accident waiting to happen. If he has a blowout or something else goes terribly wrong, its going to take him in the ditch or into an oncoming lane and possibly kill someone.

/ I figured a few here would get a kick out if this. #24  
That is a big grain bin to say the least. That sort of sight is pretty common around here too. Like one of the other posters said, that's not likely his first time. Neat pics. Nice new looking bin too.

/ I figured a few here would get a kick out if this. #25  
It is a grain cart.

It is used to transfer grain from the combine in the field to the truck waiting at the edge of the field or on the road when it is to muddy for the truck in the field.

It has an auger in it to unload into the truck. They hold ~1000 bushels.

Or, alternatively, it's used to haul grain 30 miles over to the elevator paying $.02 more.

Happens all the time around here.

Stupid #$&)( kicking rocks up breaking my windshields. #$)$*

/ I figured a few here would get a kick out if this. #26  
Sorry I don't really see anything wrond with it.

I wouldn't say much if the inDUHvidual hauling the grain bin was towing it under 25-MPH and had his four way flashers on and a set of flashers on the bin.

Now go look at any AG tire, and it will say on the sidewall "Not for Highway Service". Doing 65-MPH is highway service.

/ I figured a few here would get a kick out if this. #27  
I wouldn't say much if the inDUHvidual hauling the grain bin was towing it under 25-MPH and had his four way flashers on and a set of flashers on the bin.
Now go look at any AG tire, and it will say on the sidewall "Not for Highway Service". Doing 65-MPH is highway service.

Some of our tires state 25 MPH top speed. Granted thats at full load, but I doubt pulling them at 65 is recommended.
Also grain carts have no way of absorbing bumps, at 65 I wonder what would happen if he hits a pot hole?

Tires that big heat up a lot going that fast. I know some larger equipment (scrapers come to mind) when roading them every 1/2 - 1 hour or so they would either slow way down or even pull off the road. The tires would heat up so much they could, and did blow.

/ I figured a few here would get a kick out if this. #29  
Saw a guy with a batwing mower , folded, being pulled by a chevy s-10 running downt he highway full tilt.. hope he gave himself lots of stopping distance..

soundguy

One of my competitors uses old school buses as service vehicles. He equips them with a bed and an RV toilet so they qualify (loosely) as an RV. That way his non-CDL owning help can drive. He pulls TWO batwings in a train behind the bus as they move from job to job. One day I was heading back home from "the big city". I was moving along @ 70(+)mph on the interstate when I get PASSED by a turquoise painted school bus pulling a pair of Bush Hog 2715 batwings, w/laminated rubber tires, driver, obviously from "south of the Rio Grande" smiling away.

At that moment, I vowed NEVER AGAIN would I try to compete with this guy as far as equipment and personel goes. ;)

/ I figured a few here would get a kick out if this. #30  
The OEM recommends to never pull carts more than 8 MPH with a load and 20 MPH without. I would say it's safe to say it's not rated for 65.

A neighbor has a JBC "FASTRAC" high speed tractor and pulls a grain cart IDENTICAL to the J&M cart pictured in the opening post. That tractor will run close to 45mph. He's been pulling it up and down the highway (loaded) for the better part of 10 consecutive harvest seasons without mishap. Not saying I'd recommend doing such, but somehow I don't believe it's quite as dangerous as one might first think.

You wanna know what's dangerous? Try driving a combine on a busy roadway just for giggles. Never ceases to amaze me just how many people want to play chicken with a machine that would squish their car flatter'n a mackerel (and has every right to be on the road)