I figured a few here would get a kick out if this.

/ I figured a few here would get a kick out if this. #41  
You make a very valid point there, ToaDisco. For a relatively short distance, tire damage from heat buildup is probably not going to happen. On a long distance haul, if I were the owner, I would certainly be concerned.
One of the most frightening equipment hauling practices I know of is a dealer hauling an airseeder behind a flatbed tandem truck and not a highway tractor even. The cultivator part can weigh over 21,000 pounds (Access all of Bourgault's agricultural lineup here.) while the grain tank on a good sized one can weigh over 22,000 pounds . (Access all of Bourgault's agricultural lineup here.) That's over 43,000 pounds relying on the trucks brakes for stopping power. And I have personally seen them doing 50 to 55 mph pulling that combination on the highway. Heh heh heh...I have also seen them get stuck under overpasses because they didn't know how high they were in transport mode! One was going fairly slow, I think he realized at the last moment he was too high but the other one was full speed! He tore the hitch out of the truck and the cultivator was so badly damaged it was totaled off.