I got this stupid idea...

/ I got this stupid idea...
"I got this stupid idea... "

Henro,
Don't worry about it, my wife say's I get them all the time.

/ I got this stupid idea... #42  
Henro,

I've had a similar crazy idea, but it might be slightly crazier. I've started to clear some of the woods and expand my lawn while leaving many of the trees. My TC33 is a little big for these tight maneuvers, so I realized what I need is a ZTR, but not any ZTR; the Kubota ZD21 should handle my rough terrain, and with it's commercial deck will easily eat any weeds...or saplings. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Now what do I do with my TC33, well naturally I'll need to trade it in on a TC40. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've started mentioning my idea to the CFO, but it will probably take a couple of years to bring her over to the dark side. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Unfortunately, I don't have any kids, so I have to take the entire blame for my ideas. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ I got this stupid idea... #43  
THE LADY OWNED HER OWN CHAIN SAW? i would be very careful not to get her angry with u! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ I got this stupid idea... #44  
my wife wants me to tear out the good grass and plant short weeds for the geese to eat! Any?one know where to get weed seeds?

Just send me your mailingaddress,I'll send you some weeds like you've never seen before /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I got this stupid idea... #45  
Bill,

I did what your are considering but in reverse. Bought the BX first, then just recently got a used B2910 a few weeks ago.

We bought an ajoining 5 ac plot last year. Similar terrain to what we have now. Rolling field with woods, backs up to creek. It is terribly overgrown.

For the original 5 ac that we have , the BX was perfect, as 90% of it’s use was to finish mow about 3ac. Our plan is to reclaim some of the new property back to native grasses and flowers and possibly have a pond dug.

I think both tractors complement each other beautifully. I bought the B2910 off a local landscaper that went belly up, paid $9800 for it with a FEL and boxblade. Just got a bush hog for it so now the reclaimation begins.

Before I got the B2910, I was working on a deal to trade the BX for a 2710/7800/2910.

I’m glad this worked out because my wife does all the finish mowing and she knew we needed a bigger tractor but was very hesitant about using the larger tractor for mowing. She has basically adopted the BX as hers, even calls it “Karen’s Kubota” now.

Jim

/ I got this stupid idea... #46  
I guess she needs an equalizer - she's 5'1" and 95 pounds soakin' wet --HOWEVER -- did ya ever want to mess with a 95 pound mad dog? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I was told she took out a 6' fella one night that got a little too personal on the dance floor - suddenly he was looking up from the floor and didn't know how he got there. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<font color="blue">lady with or without a chainsaw can be dangerous! </font>

<font color="blue"> Just send me your mailingaddress,I'll send you some weeds like you've never seen before </font>

AMP762

Wife requires they be certified as goose food before we can accept them... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jim,

Glad to hear the idea is not as crazy as I first thought! I ran it by the wife again this evening [our 31st anniversary, by the way] and she did not seem to reject it at all.

Just so I can cry in my beer...how many hours were on that b2910 when you got it for that price? Sounds like an excellent deal to me.

/ I got this stupid idea... #49  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( our 31st anniversary, by the way )</font>

Congratulations, and Happy Anniversary!

Thanks Bird,

Funny thing is we NEVER remember our anniversary. Used to be an aunt would send a card, and that would remind us.

She stopped sending cards some years ago, so usually we would be reminded a week or two after the fact by something.

This time, for some reason we got an email from a Japanese resturant that we frequent...saying happy anniversary, come in anytime over the next six weeks and we'll take ten bucks off your bill...the email came in the afternoon...proving that we followed our tradition of forgetting.

A couple years ago we went to Europe for three weeks to celebrate our 30th anniversary...but ended up we were a year or two early!

Perhaps I should have titled this tread:

I got this stupid idea and the wife agrees with it! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Or maybe even better...

Birds of a feather hang out together... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif