I hate them meeces to pieces!

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #51  
No offense, but I had to bite my tongue on the rodent resistant wire comment. It might be available but no equipment or auto manufacturer is using it.

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #52  
Seem so I read somewhere a while back that automakers have purposely used wiring made from stuff that mice likes chewing on.

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #53  
I use traps in my home. And bait them with Toosie Roll candy. Just a small pinch. The love the smell and it will last longer than any bait I have used, and I have been catching rodents for a LONG time.

As far as removing cover, that isn't 100% effective. And out here in the country, the rodents still come. After your house/shop is surrounded by soybean fields and the combine comes through, guess where all the rodents go? They don't stay in the field where the hawks get them. They are coming to the shop, house, boat or truck sitting in the yard.

Cats are the most effective against rats that I have ever seen. Stopped using traps and poison long ago. They may catch a bird to three, but mostly black birds and pigeons where my shop is.

As far as rodent resistant wire... LMAO.. Maybe you should talk John Deere into using it!!!

BTW I leave all the rat snakes be.

You can't be more right!!!! Seems everyone is worried that we are mistreating the little critters. This world isn't ever going to run out of mice. The one said to remove the cover or what attracts them? Do you live in town? Have hundreds upon hundreds of acres of corn, oats, wheat or what ever growing all around they love to eat. Have straw, hay, grain stored in the barn to feed animals. Everything attracts the little beasts. I can shoot them, stomp on their little heads, trap them with snap traps, sticky traps how ever you want all day long and will never run out of mice. Neighbor has them, the fields have them, their in the woods. They say their is more rats in New York City than people, if that's true wonder how many mice there are in that place too. I have no feelings for a dead mouse how ever it died.

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #54  
Mice are a problem on our farm. 2 of our tractors need some wiring fixed before hay season starts this year. We have barn cats, but they just can't keep up with the mice population.

I believe it, to bad about the tractor wiring, I wouldn't like that either, have you tried using peppermint oil?

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #55  
I believe it, to bad about the tractor wiring, I wouldn't like that either, have you tried using peppermint oil?

I haven't tried peppermint oil. I have tried Irish Spring soap under the hood of my pickup and it does seem to keep them away. I didn't think to try it in the tractors.
Thanks for the tip.

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #56  
We use Fresh Cab in our motor home and it works better then anything I have ever used as a deterrent.

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #57  
51eXWb7Rl7L._SY400_.jpg

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #58  
As far as removing cover, that isn't 100% effective. And out here in the country, the rodents still come.
Nothing it 100% effective. Nothing.

After your house/shop is surrounded by soybean fields and the combine comes through, guess where all the rodents go? They don't stay in the field where the hawks get them. They are coming to the shop, house, boat or truck sitting in the yard.

Actually, they do. I have spent quite a bit of time looking into that a quite a bit more actually. Surprising, but that is exactly what happens, they stay there. The species that invade your house/barn/tractor are not the same as those that live in the fields. Most folks have't a clue about that or that there is more than just one species of mouse, but so it is. What they are doing in the fields is pretty interesting too. I should add, some of that was even featured in the trade magazine that JD publishes, several years ago. :)

Cats are the most effective against rats that I have ever seen. Stopped using traps and poison long ago. They may catch a bird to three, but mostly black birds and pigeons where my shop is.
A whole bunch more than three. easily the most devastating of all exotic predators.

As far as rodent resistant wire... LMAO.. Maybe you should talk John Deere into using it!!!
Seems that they did. Nothing has touched them, nor any of my Fords made since the late 1990s. I've got thousands of mice. No doubt about that.

BTW I leave all the rat snakes be.
Can't hurt. Probably doesn't help though. There aren't enough of them with enough metabolism to get the job done. And they aren't active from late fall to early spring either.

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #59  
I had a black snake hiding under the dishwasher. I also had mice under the dishwasher. My buddy speculated that the black snake was farming them, purposely not eating ALL of them.

When my wife found out, the party was over. LOL.

I appreciate the various opinions here, even those I disagree with.

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #60  
Can't hurt. Probably doesn't help though. There aren't enough of them with enough metabolism to get the job done. And they aren't active from late fall to early spring either.

I agree. The impact a snake would have on an infestation of mice isn't worth the shock of reaching into a storage cabinet and finding him resting there!!!! :)