Price Check I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth.

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth. #1  

Jamesray1370

Tractor
I think its a 1960 2010
IMG_20220903_161851725.jpg

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth.
More pic for above post above

Attachments

• IMG_20220903_162633201.jpg
    IMG_20220903_162633201.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_20220903_162712465.jpg
    IMG_20220903_162712465.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 304
   / I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth. #3  
Looks to me like a really clapped out JD. Might be worth a couple grand to the right person but then, maybe not. it's a gasser so maybe a 4010.

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth. #5  
Depends on if it runs or not. It is smaller than a 4010 by the height of the guy in the picture probably a 2510.

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth.
Looks to me like a really clapped out JD. Might be worth a couple grand to the right person but then, maybe not. it's a gasser so maybe a 4010.
Ok. Thanks for the input. I was thinking around $1000 myself but I don't know a lot about tractors

Ok. Thanks for the input. I was thinking around $1000 myself but I don't know a lot about tracto
Depends on if it runs or not. It is smaller than a 4010 by the height of the guy in the picture probably a 2510.
It ran, my dad put a clutch in it and when he got it back together it wouldn't lift the hydraulics in the back. Been sitting ever since. He passed a couple years back and I'm going to sell it for my mom.

Not worth much, might be able to avoid paying to have it hauled off
We've got a scrapyard about 9 miles from the house. If no one wants it I will haul it across the scales. Just hate to do that if someone could use or needed the parts.

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth. #9  
Just list it for sale online (ie: Craigslist) and maybe at the end of your driveway.

If you would be happy with $1,000, list it for “$3,000 obo” and see what counter offers you get.

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth. #10  
Ok. Thanks for the input. I was thinking around $1000 myself but I don't know a lot about tractors
I've bought and repaired a lot of used machinery.
If it starts, runs, and moves then $1000 would be top dollar but fair even if you have to jump start it. If it does those things and you clean it up a bit then it would be an easier sell - but not worth any more dollars.

Proving that your dad thought it was worth putting a clutch in would sure be a major selling point.
Receipts, parts boxes, notes, or even a good story. Just the fact that he did that job - not an easy job - shows that a competent mechanic thought it was worth doing - and that is pretty important info to a buyer looking at clapped out machines.

Otherwise, it is mostly worth the value of the three point hitch parts,lights, fenders and mounts, and whatever can be unbolted - maybe a total of $400 worth - before scrapping the rest. Anything rusted is scrap.

But I'd put it on Craig's list and see before scrapping it yourself.

Roger