Price Check I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth.

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth. #11  
It's not a 2510, more likely a 2010. Early sixties vintage. There might be more demand if if it were a diesel, but I certainly agree that you should at least TRY to market it. Even if it doesn't run, if the engine is free and turns with the starter, it's mostly complete so it surely is worth more to someone than scrap metal price.

Give it a chance.

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth. #12  
Check where the serial # is
1662304618539.png

1662304374157.png

1662304230369.png

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth. #13  
"Otherwise, it is mostly worth the value of the three point hitch parts,lights, fenders and mounts, and whatever can be unbolted - maybe a total of $400 worth - before scrapping the rest. Anything rusted is scrap."

X2 on that if you have to scrap it. I would add starter and carburetor to the list.

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth. #14  
when he got it back together it wouldn't lift the hydraulics in the back.
It looks like a 2010 in the pictures, and this phrase proves it!

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth. #15  
What size are the rear tires? Is it a dash mounted shifter? Where is the serial #? Given that it has a center hump, I'm guessing that it is a 1010 or a 2010

Transmission
Typesliding gear
Gears5 forward and 1 reverse
Clutchdry disc
Shift lever for the 1010 was originally on the dash. Starting with the 1963 model year (serial number 031001) the shifter was moved to the top of the transmission.
1662344160550.png

1662344702271.png

1662344066748.png

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth. #16  
It is a 2010 in b very poor shape if you can get $1000 take it and run!

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth.
I've bought and repaired a lot of used machinery.
If it starts, runs, and moves then $1000 would be top dollar but fair even if you have to jump start it. If it does those things and you clean it up a bit then it would be an easier sell - but not worth any more dollars.

Proving that your dad thought it was worth putting a clutch in would sure be a major selling point.
Receipts, parts boxes, notes, or even a good story. Just the fact that he did that job - not an easy job - shows that a competent mechanic thought it was worth doing - and that is pretty important info to a buyer looking at clapped out machines.

Otherwise, it is mostly worth the value of the three point hitch parts,lights, fenders and mounts, and whatever can be unbolted - maybe a total of $400 worth - before scrapping the rest. Anything rusted is scrap.

But I'd put it on Craig's list and see before scrapping it yourself.

Roger
Ok thanks for the marketing advice. If I had time I would fix it up but I don't. I have it listed on facebook market place for $1500 I figure someone can spend $1000 on it buying a new battery , carburetor wires and plugs and a little paint and have a good john deere for $2500. I haven't seen any ready to go for that price.

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth.
It's not a 2510, more likely a 2010. Early sixties vintage. There might be more demand if if it were a diesel, but I certainly agree that you should at least TRY to market it. Even if it doesn't run, if the engine is free and turns with the starter, it's mostly complete so it surely is worth more to someone than scrap metal price.

Give it a chance.
Yes I agree . I hate to scrap it. Because someone somewhere could use it if only for parts. I was raised waste not want not . Thanks for your reply

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth. #19  
So, did you confirm that it is a John Deere 2010?

/ I have this tractor that I would like to sell . But I don't know the model ,year or worth. #20  
Why not also list it on Craigslist?