I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!!

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #11  
Leave it up to an IT guy to mess up and put the same file woodstock did up as his results...oops.

Attachments

• 6-86141-workspeed.jpg
    6-86141-workspeed.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 51
   / I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #12  
He's normal.... ab normal. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Jokers...... hmmmm

Terry

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #13  
I have attached my test results. I have comcast@home -- which may be shutting down tomorrow. If they do, I am in deep do-do.

Dave "Gatorboy" Hoffmann

Attachments

• 6-86200-speed.jpg
    6-86200-speed.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 69
   / I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #14  
Nah... go back to the old standby... 56kb modem!!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Terry

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #15  
Are you speaking of "Abby Normal" from "Young Frankenstein"?

18-82971-tbnsig.gif

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #16  
What hump?

<font color=green> MossRoad </font color=green>
18-85239-int2500b.jpg

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #18  
Gatorboy,

I'm in the same boat, only I have Cox@Home - still the same problem with the Excite bankruptcy, though. I just read my email and heard that there is some type of court decision that will affect whether Excite shuts down tomorrow or not.

I can't bring myself to download the temporary dial-up software they mentioned in the email. There's just no going back to dial-up at this point/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif.

Have you heard any information about how long the cable access will be out, if they do shut it down tomorrow?

Rob

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #19  
In our area, the Excite@Home bankruptcy caused just that, excitement at home. They shut down the link at 5:00AM this morning, after giving notification around midnight sometime. The only option was to switch to CHARTER.NET (a broadband service that somehow wormed into this deal...ain't sure what happened to AT&T. Was a partial disaster trying to bring everything back up this evening. Wife was able to use the download site provided (access to charter was there), the son also. Of course, mine just had to be a pain. There was absolutely no access, and couldn't make it connect...even with identical settings as the wifes and sons. Had to resort to the CD that arrived in todays mail, and the turkey loaded IE 6.0 whether I wanted it or not! (I DIDN'T) At least it is up again.

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #20  
Re: Excite@Home

Rob,

No, I have not heard any additional details than what you know already. So far, as of 5:30a I am still up and running. The question is, will it be up when I get home from work this afternoon?

I don't even have a modem installed in my new PC I bought last January -- for I have cable access. Looks like I may have to dig into my old PC boxes I have in the closet and root for my external 56K modem. ---- Ugh!

Dave "Gatorboy" Hoffmann