I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!!

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #21  
FYI - This is the latest press release we received in our employee newsletter yesterday. I hope this helps. I'm sure I'll be getting more today and I'll pass them along.

AT&T BROADBAND PLANS FOR EXCITE@HOME RULING - [Rocky Mountain News, 3B.]
Subscribers to AT&T Broadband's high-speed Internet service began receiving letters from the company assuring them that AT&T will switch the service to another network if problems develop Friday. Of AT&T's 1.4 million high-speed Internet subscribers, about 900,000 receive service through Excite@Home, which is in bankruptcy court. The bankruptcy court will rule Friday whether to allow AT&T's $307 million purchase of Excite@Home's assets, which would allow AT&T to continue offering the service without interruption. AT&T has constructed an independent network to provide service with what AT&T describes as a minimum of interruption. "We have taken this very seriously, so our customers would not have any (long-term) outage," said [AT&T Broadband President and CEO Bill] Schleyer, [at the] Western Cable Show [yesterday]. AT&T's current high-speed service operates at about 1.5 megabits per second, and AT&T's new service will be better because the technology is better, Schleyer said. Schleyer emphasized that he believes the bankruptcy court will allow AT&T to continue to offer the Excite@Home service, but if events go against AT&T, the company is prepared. Although most subscribers would lose service for an undetermined amount of time, Schleyer said the period would not be "measured in months." Some customers might lose service for only a few days, and most will probably lose service for less than a week or so, he said.

18-82971-tbnsig.gif

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #22  
For what it's worth, here is todays release...

AT&T IN THE NEWS ***SPECULATION ABOUT EXCITE@HOME - [The Wall Street Journal, B6.] Excite@Home confronts the possibility of [shutting down its service]. Earlier this year, advertising revenue for its media businesses fell precipitously, forcing the company into a cash crunch and eventual bankruptcy. Unless the company reaches a new agreement with its cable partners today, a bankruptcy judge may force the company to shut down its service to residential subscribers. Users of the service, which provides lightening-fast Internet connections, would be relegated to the world of dial-up modems and sluggish service. Ironically, a shutdown of Excite@Home would come as cable companies are winning the war against regional phone companies in reaching consumers through the "last mile," the final portion of the communications pipeline into the home. Cable providers now can provide Internet service to 66.1 million U.S. homes, or 64% of total TV homes. And the service has been in great demand, with companies like AT&T signing up 111,000 high-speed customers last quarter. Since cable-modem service is cheaper and more readily available than the competing digital-subscriber line service, Yankee Group estimates that by year-end there will be about seven million cable-modem customers and 3.3 million DSL subscribers. Excite@Home is likely to be stranding millions of customers, some of whom use the service in running their small businesses. Cox, Comcast and AT&T, which market Excite@Home's service to their customers, have all warned that the service may go dark, leaving subscribers in the lurch, at least temporarily. AT&T's broadband unit, which is trying to buy Excite@Home's network assets, said it can shift about 20% of Excite@Home users quickly to its own systems if the service closes this week.

18-82971-tbnsig.gif

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #23  
Yes.... a classic line from Mel Brooks. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Terry

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #24  
Now that's I Gor.... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Terry

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #25  
Another classic line from the movie.

tractor.gif

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #26  
Plus the one you referenced.

tractor.gif

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #27  
And now, Abby Normal.

tractor.gif

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #28  
Mike,

Thanks for the mpegs. Geez, that is a great movie!!!

My wife and kids cannot understand how I can watch any of the Mel Brooks movies over and over. They're just flat out funny.

Terry

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #29  
Ditto with my wife. The first time we saw Blazing Saddles (in a theater) I almost fell out of my seat laughing. I was laughing way past the end of the scene. She was ready to get up and walk out, leaving me to sit there by myself. Another mp3 attachment for your listening pleasure. The first part is the one that almost got me in trouble. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

tractor.gif

/ I just Got HIGH SPEED ACCESS!!! #30  
LOL....Great job, guys! You're really on top of things. I'm glad to see many of us have the same sense of humor.

18-82971-tbnsig.gif