I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer

/ I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer
I've bought a lot of ammo from Spotsmans Guide. The prices are decent and they have your .38 Pistol Ammunition - .38 At Sportsman's Guide

I've also bought a lot from Natchez http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfmhttp://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

and from Ammunition to Go Ammunition To Go : Your one stop for all of your ammunition needs!

I think Sportsmans Guide has the lowest shipping charges.

Boy, I guess Sportsman's Guide has the best deal!! I wish I had seen that before I ordered. Have you tried their Buyer's Club? Does it really save as much money as they say it will?

/ I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer #22  
I like AMMOMAN's pricing and the free shipping, but they aren't real big on the older, and obsolete stuff unless it is military surplus stuff.

/ I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer #23  
Boy, I guess Sportsman's Guide has the best deal!! I wish I had seen that before I ordered. Have you tried their Buyer's Club? Does it really save as much money as they say it will?

Yes I joined the "buyers club." It's well worth while if you buy a lot of stuff. The thing I like is the shipping. It's based on dollar amount not weight and ranges from $3.99 to a maximum of $19.99. I've bought wooden crates of surplus anmmo weighing 100lbs and only paid $15 to ship. The other thing is, they give a coupon with every order for $10 off your next order. Plus I get emails every week with the same coupons, so you should never have to place an order without taking $10 discount.

Yes I joined the "buyers club." It's well worth while if you buy a lot of stuff. The thing I like is the shipping. It's based on dollar amount not weight and ranges from $3.99 to a maximum of $19.99. I've bought wooden crates of surplus anmmo weighing 100lbs and only paid $15 to ship. The other thing is, they give a coupon with every order for $10 off your next order. Plus I get emails every week with the same coupons, so you should never have to place an order without taking $10 discount.

For as much as I ever shoot, I my just join their club rather than get into reloading.

/ I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer #25  
For as much as I ever shoot, I my just join their club rather than get into reloading.

In the past I have bought lots of stuff from Sportsman's. Never had a problem. He used to sell some "interesting" stuff. Interesting in that alot of it was junk but what is one man's junk is another man's treasure. :D He could really sell what he had that is for sure. One had to read real careful sometimes to see what you were getting. I got some great deals on wool clothes after the USSR dissolved and European armies started selling off equipment.

I bought a couple really NICE wool jackets from the Swiss Army. VERY well made, never used. I was standing in line one day for a bagel and the guy in front of me was wearing the same Swiss jacket! :D:D:D We looked at each other's jacket and got a laugh. We were both surprised to see someone else with the same jacket. :laughing: I have never seen anyone wearing the Polish wood jacket I bought. :D:D:D Not quite as nice as the Swiss. :laughing:

I have not bought into the Buyers Club but I think if you buy alot of stuff from them it would be worth the membership. They did not have the membership when I was buying stuff from them but if they had had the program back then I would have joined.

Later,
Dan

...I bought a couple really NICE wool jackets from the Swiss Army. VERY well made, never used...

I want one of those jackets just so I can tell people, "I have a Swiss Army Jacket."

/ I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer #27  
Graf and Sons
I have used this company in the past and was never dissappointed, they don't gig you on the shipping.
Here is .38 short for 26.99 for 50 rounds.
Graf & Sons - FC AMMO 38 S&W SHORT 145gr FMJ 50/bx 20/cs
Fiochi is cheap ammo
I can't see why you would save money on a psitol just to spend it on ammo. This round is really going to be a dog (slow). 770 fps

645 fps
Remington
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/66267-5.html
if your gun guy refered to this chamber as .38 short colt....might not want to buy .38 s&w

Graf and Sons
I have used this company in the past and was never dissappointed, they don't gig you on the shipping.
Here is .38 short for 26.99 for 50 rounds.
Graf & Sons - FC AMMO 38 S&W SHORT 145gr FMJ 50/bx 20/cs
Fiochi is cheap ammo
I can't see why you would save money on a psitol just to spend it on ammo. This round is really going to be a dog (slow). 770 fps

645 fps
Remington
66267 - Ammo .38 Short Colt Remington Express Lead Round Nose 125 Grain 730 fps 50 Round Box
if your gun guy refered to this chamber as .38 short colt....might not want to buy .38 s&w

The ammo isn't particularly expensive compared to other rounds. It's just hard to find. Compare the price of .38 S&W to other similar pistol rounds like .38 special and .45 caliber and you'll find the prices are about the same.

It seems to me that the only handgun with significantly cheaper ammo is a 9mm.

/ I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer #29  
I want one of those jackets just so I can tell people, "I have a Swiss Army Jacket."

The jackets were such a steal that I bought THREE of them! :D

I ain't selling one either! :laughing:

Maybe the Polish one though the buttons started to fall off right after I bought it. :eek::D

Later,
Dan

/ I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer #30  
The ammo isn't particularly expensive compared to other rounds. It's just hard to find. Compare the price of .38 S&W to other similar pistol rounds like .38 special and .45 caliber and you'll find the prices are about the same.

It seems to me that the only handgun with significantly cheaper ammo is a 9mm.
Is it a .38 short or a .38 s&w?