I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer

/ I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer #32  
I have an H & R Model 1904 revolver that I inherited from my grandfather. It fires the .38 S & W. I have fired it a few times, but one box of 50 will last me a lifetime. I regard it as a treasured inheritance but not as a shooter. Of course, I have several other pistols/revolvers

/ I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer
I have an H & R Model 1904 revolver that I inherited from my grandfather. It fires the .38 S & W. I have fired it a few times, but one box of 50 will last me a lifetime. I regard it as a treasured inheritance but not as a shooter. Of course, I have several other pistols/revolvers

Does yours have any writing on the barrel? I'm still trying to date mine. The best guess I have so far is that it is pre-1904 due to no writing on the barrel. The serial number on this gun is F 24469. The F would normally indicate a 1946 production year, but research I have done says that anything after 1904 has markings on the side of the barrel. I spent a few minutes in the gun shop with the appraiser trying to find some kind of fit with what I have, but nothing in his books matched my particular model.

I wish I did have more of the story behind this gun. It has no sentimental value to me since I bought it at an auction. Maybe I can find an enthusiast who needs this one to finish out his collection. This one is cool, but I plan to shoot the guns that I have.

I'll probably visit a few gun shows in the fall.

/ I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer #34  
I wish I did have more of the story behind this gun. It has no sentimental value to me since I bought it at an auction. Maybe I can find an enthusiast who needs this one to finish out his collection. This one is cool, but I plan to shoot the guns that I have.

Why don't you post an image of this "cool" gun so we can see what the big deal is? :thumbsup:

Why don't you post an image of this "cool" gun so we can see what the big deal is? :thumbsup:

Of course. How could I have neglected the #1 unwritten rule of TBN: Pictures.

Here are a few pics of the .38

I also included a extra picture with my other two pistols to atone for not posting pictures sooner.

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 71
   / I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer #36  
Oh yea it's cool, I like the Schofield design. definately the cool one in that bunch.
I've always wanted and H&R sportsman. I should have got one when they were dirt cheap :mad:. I don't think they make tham anymore.

Is the one on the bottom a Jennings?
And the one on the top a Heritage?

Is the one on the bottom a Jennings?
And the one on the top a Heritage?

Yep. This is my collection of cheap Saturday night specials.

There was a Jennings J-22 that sold at auction recently for $140. It's almost like they're increasing in value. I just had mine tuned up by a gunsmith friend (different from the guy that did the H&R for me). I hope to go this weekend and try it out at a range. I have hope that my friend eliminated the jamming issues that are common with these little J-22's

Update on the ammo: I tracked the package and it's supposed to deliver after Memorial Day. :( I was really hoping to try out the new gun this weekend.

Two weeks seems like a long time to wait for a delivery.

/ I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer #39  
In the past I have bought lots of stuff from Sportsman's. Never had a problem. He used to sell some "interesting" stuff. Interesting in that alot of it was junk but what is one man's junk is another man's treasure. :D He could really sell what he had that is for sure. One had to read real careful sometimes to see what you were getting. I got some great deals on wool clothes after the USSR dissolved and European armies started selling off equipment.

I bought a couple really NICE wool jackets from the Swiss Army. VERY well made, never used. I was standing in line one day for a bagel and the guy in front of me was wearing the same Swiss jacket! :D:D:D We looked at each other's jacket and got a laugh. We were both surprised to see someone else with the same jacket. :laughing: I have never seen anyone wearing the Polish wood jacket I bought. :D:D:D Not quite as nice as the Swiss. :laughing:

I have not bought into the Buyers Club but I think if you buy alot of stuff from them it would be worth the membership. They did not have the membership when I was buying stuff from them but if they had had the program back then I would have joined.

Later,
Dan

I've discovered the key to Sportsman's Guide is to never by something that is "new" and labeled "imported." The Surplus stuff is good but most of the other "imported" is real junk. Ammo is pretty straight forward.