I USED to want a HST, not anymore!

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #11  
Since we are all beating up on the guy, I agree that cruise is that answer. I doubt there is a John Deere made that doesn't have cruise control. Even the old original Hydro lawn tractor models would cruise. I never use mine. I briefly warned my wife to not use it so she doesn't either. I was most worried about her setting the cruise and then driving in the shop door, lifting her pedal foot and before she could react, crashing into something inside!!! Of course I would never do that!!! ;)

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore!
Wait till I tell my buddy I borrowed it from! He never mentioned cruise....I had no idea! That tractor had more buttons on it than my truck, I didn't know what half of them did! Thanks for the bruises....:)

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #13  
Coyote said:
Thanks for the bruises....:)
Darn, it looks like I showed up late to the party! :rolleyes:

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #14  
Bob_Skurka said:

Here Bob,

This will get you started again.

HST is over rated.

;)

-Mike Z.

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #15  
Bob_Skurka said:

ME TO BOB. BUT I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN LATE :D

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #17  
I have HST, but am still not a 100% convert. I just don't think I'll ever get used to running the engine at a higher than needed speed and controlling my motion with my foot. In many cases, I would prefer the directness of a gear tranny with a foot throttle available, especially when pulling hard or working the loader hard loading from a hard dirt/rock pile and the engine or tranny stalls out.

On the other hand, I really appreciate the precision the HST offers when working in the barn or moving big rocks into place on a hillside, and the ease of loader work most of the time.

I think I need two tractors -- one of each type!

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #18  
daTeacha said:

+1

I'm putting more and more thought into doing just that. With my first real tractor only two months old!

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #19  
I have 40 hrs on my new DX35 I still can';t find the clutch or the shifter. My hand and foot keep reaching for it. I guess after 13 years on an old massey 65 the left leg is trained to shift when changing directions.

I think I;m young enought to be retrained.

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #20  
Run a skidsteer or all terrain track loader. They are all HST. Takes a little getting used to to run at a higher rpm, but they work work work. You just use hand controls instead of foot control for movement.

daTeacha said:
I have HST, but am still not a 100% convert. I just don't think I'll ever get used to running the engine at a higher than needed speed and controlling my motion with my foot. In many cases, I would prefer the directness of a gear tranny with a foot throttle available, especially when pulling hard or working the loader hard loading from a hard dirt/rock pile and the engine or tranny stalls out.

On the other hand, I really appreciate the precision the HST offers when working in the barn or moving big rocks into place on a hillside, and the ease of loader work most of the time.